Jonas' 2020 Rogue Trading

Jonas

First off is the beginning of my Rogue Trader crew. Lead by Magos Biologis Erythron Mon S'Lant and hopefully his adventures will turn into a running campaign.

RT001.jpg

Full Crew

What they are up to I don't know yet, but hopefully something good. I actually think I got a briefing earlier, but updates must come as the campaign goes on.

RT002.jpg

Erythron Mon S'Lant

Erythron is a low life Magos Biologis going around his buisness, collecting samples, stealing artifacts, touring the universe, as you do when you are on the run.

RT003.jpg

Matlox

Matlox is straight, no drinking or combat drugs, but instead his brain has been connected to a computer chip that stimulates agression and shooting abilities.

RT004.jpg

Xatam

Xatan on the other hand has taken so many combat drugs that his skin turned blue and he is now so addicted that he can hardly enjoy killing without it.

RT005.jpg

G.O.

G.O. used to work for A&L Corporation, but decided he was better off making his luck on his own or in this case, with Erythron.

RT006.jpg

Subject-5

Subject-5; Part animated corpse, part machine. Your could say he is some kind of servitor, but this guy was deffinately not made by Imperial standards.

Sleepysod

Big fan of Matlox - paint job and mini. Also liking that blue skin on xatam- works well especially with the eye colour you choose - particularly threatening effect.

Jonas

Thanks guys. I am working on a lot more and hopefully I will be slowly updating on old paintjobs too.

Jonas

A few more members for Erythron Mon S'Lant's crew. This time I have a couple of bounty hunters/guns for hire type dudes.

I am not 100% sure if they are all done, but for now they are good enough for gaming.

RT007.jpg

A dynamic duo of killing machines

RT008.jpg

Venkman

Venkman is a pretty cool dude, he wears a thick layer of armor and has a mechanical arm, which he hustled some limb doctor for on the black market. He likes money of any kind and will change loyalty at any point he smells bigger money, like a real hired gun should.

RT009.jpg

Fenn

Fenn is a cloned warrior from a far away galaxy. His expertise from long forgotten wars has made him a deadly oponent for anyone in his way.

RT010.jpg

Nick

Good old jolly Nick, he is not really part of the Mon S'Lant crew, but I thought I would post him since I finally finished him after being nearly done for 5 years or so.

I think Nick will show up some day, maybe flying in on a jet cycle dealing justice to the bad guys and such.

Jonas

Thanks, I can't take the credit for the idea though.

Some years ago I was searching Ebay for Dredd minis and I stumbled upon a painted lot with a Space Santa painted as a judge. I didn't buy the lot, but I saved the pic and took inspiration.

If you look at the mini it is clearly inspired by Dredd and 2000AD stuff.

I like it :)

Jonas

This time I have a mix of some old and some new. I repainted an Ork Weirdboy and I slightly updated a couple of Four A Miniatures (I believe another company bought the rights to these, I thought it was Macrocosm, but could not find them on their page). Also there is a dog.

The Four A guys are painted in mostly blue and white colours, which is the universal colours of police types, so they are a couple of rogue space police/enforcers, travelling around with their dog and apparently arresting Ork Weirdboys.

RT011.jpg

"Hands up you scum!"

RT012.jpg

Weirdboy

The Weirdboy doesn't have a name like the other guys, he is going to be part of my Ork forces, for now they are still a nameless bunch of raiders.

I was searching for this Weirdboy for quite some time and when I finally got it I painted it right away. It was already painted and I decided to paint on top of the existing paintjob as a guide/inspiration when I made his colours fit my Ork gang.

RT014.jpg

Original paintjob

RT013.jpg

Side by side

RT015.jpg

Okking

Once a cop, always a cop. He used to be a big shot crime investigator on Earth, but his drinking problems got him discharged with disgrace. Now he is a low life copper hunting down trouble in the far reaches of the known Universe.

RT016.jpg

Sams Eye

Sams Eye is not really called Sams Eye, but everybody has been calling him that since he was stationed on the far away outpost moon Sams Eye. Now he is just known as the Copper from Sams Eye.

RT017.jpg

Gut

Gut is a good dog. Friendly and happy. Sometimes he eats out the guts of outlaws too.

Jonas

Continueing with some models for Rogue Trader. This time I have a mix of different personalities. Some painted recently and some just got their bases and paintjobs updated a bit.

In space there is a fine line between the good guys and the bad guys. So these can be outlaws in some parts of the universe or heroes in other parts.

RT018.jpg

These guys are up to no good!

RT019.jpg

Pratai Tarbh

Bounty hunter, space pirate, gun for hire, assassin, bodyguard. Anything that involves killing people. Pratai Tarbh carries a mastercrafted bolter with an extra long handle and twinlinked lasgun horns.

RT020.jpg

Reekor

This guy doesn't just stink, he reeks of death. Armed with a homemade poisoned gassing device he likes to take his victims alive, this way he can sell them as slaves later. Mini is from Krakon Games' Stargrind line.

RT021.jpg

Dr. Jarro

Dr. Jarro used to be a brilliant scientist with a brilliant brain, now he is just a brain. But luckily enough when his body collapsed in a lab accident somebody acted quickly and put his brain in a jar, later attaching it to a robotic body. Unfortunately the process has now made him a mad scientist instead of a brilliant one. Mini is from Black Cat Bases.

RT022.jpg

Bort

Bort used to manufacture licence plates, but one day he got tired with the routine and just took off into the ash wastes.

Jonas

Hi. Sorry that I don't come around so much lately. I'll just post a bit of new stuff and hopefully I can catch up the next couple of days :)

So here I have some recent paintjobs, some re-paint jobs and so on. These minis don't have any actual purpose just yet, but in time they will populate our Rogue Trader universe.

As usual the photos are not really good at all, but I am beginning to give up on that and just document some painted miniatures for now. Hopefully I will learn one day though.

RT026.jpg

Scum, Villains, Outlaws.... and a rogue servo skull.

RT030.jpg

Geezer

One of the old guard, he was there when Melnibonia was first populated and he knows the ins and outs of the jungles and the outback settlements. He is now working as a gun for hire and will take on any job.

RT027.jpg

Space Dout

State of art robot hunter. Space Dout arrived on Melnibonia when the Robo-Wars broke out. He is equipped with the best gadgets money can buy and he hunts down renegade robots and droids to pay for it all.

RT028.jpg

Viconia De'Vrie

Mysterious Dark Elf mercenary. Even more sinister than the dreaded Eldar Pirates. It is said that she was once living a different life in the Outer Gate of Baldhuur, but no one knows for sure.

RT029.jpg

Erhardt

Pilot for hire and speed freak. Erhardt likes fast space craft, fast cars, fast bikes and fast women. Everything is fast with this guy, but the price is sometimes high.
The minis are mostly old Citadel, only Erhardt is an old Grenadier model.

symphonicpoet

They all look really good. Characterful miniatures like that are what keep me going. Space Dout's star and stripes are a very nice touch. De'Vrie's hazard stripes are classic. A solid bunch of classic miniatures. :) Glad to see you posting again. And . . . I understand. I haven't gotten boo painted in months.

Jonas

Thanks guys. I have gotten a few good pointers on taking photos and just taking a few quick snaps has proven to be much better than usual. So I think my next project will be to fonish off some of my gangs and crews and maybe just take some group shots and some of the main characters.

I am mostly just stabbing on paint recently, trying to worry less about having it all look perfect (I never manage that anyway) and just do a lot of fun details, slogans, logos and such. Making it all a bit dirty and gritty.

I think it fits the style of RT gaming we are doing as it is very Post Apocalypse kind of sci-fi.

Currently I am painting some space marines, it seems I always come back to that, but besides that it is just slowly finishing some terrain pieces and half done minis here and there. I have no real direction I am going.

I have been playing a bit of RT, 40K 2nd edition and trying to finish an Epic 40K army.

Our RT gaming is mostly like RPG/Wargame hybrid and story driven rather than mass battle. For army on army battles we do 2nd edition 40K, which is much faster in that way.

Back