twisted moon's 2020

symphonicpoet

They have a very nice desert planet look to them, reminiscent of the Jawas, or the Fremen. They'll make a great tribe of space bandits. :)

twisted moon

here's the next batch of amazons including my c30's and one of three others i forgot to mention. i'm not sure of the manufacturer as i bought them off ebay along with a greater number intended to have spears which i'm using for slaves for my skaven, but i think amazon miniatures sold them before disappearing. they're traditional greek mythology amazons with hoplite style helmets.

from left to right we have c30 koka-kalim blade woman; c30 bodyguard; amazon miniatures with see thirty amazons headswap, frostgrave barbarian quiver and milliput bow; see thirty; c30 body guard; see thirty.

Attachments

• Amazons2.JPG
    Amazons2.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 1,363

twisted moon

here's the next batch of amazons; three see thirtys and another couple of the amazon miniatures archers.

the standard is one of the long spears chopped up to allow a sufficient length for the flag whilst the musician was made with the addition of a scratch built ghetto blaster.
here's a close up of the standard bearer:

the images of the goddesses rigg and karra are from the contents page of second citadel compendium (which had the rigg's shrine scenario). i was please to find these after an abortive search to find some useable images of dianna rigg in 'the serpent son', and referenced in the zhu's posts on amazonia on his blog.
i'm not sure how clear it is in the photo's, but around the pole is reference to the amazon's ritual drug, koka, with an image of some coca leaves.

Attachments

• Amazons3.JPG
    Amazons3.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,338
  • Amazon standard1a.JPG
    Amazon standard1a.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,338
  • Amazon standard1b.JPG
    Amazon standard1b.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 1,338

twisted moon

here's a couple of less obscured photo's of the amazon miniatures archer conversions.

Attachments

• Amazon archers1.JPG
    Amazon archers1.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,337
  • Amazon archers2.JPG
    Amazon archers2.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 1,337

twisted moon

here's the latest batch.

on the left is a c30 bodyguard which i got as a birthday present; the rest are see thirties.
current plan is for two full strength squads and a half-strength command squad. that requires me to get one more figure, and i'd like it to be the c30 koka-kalim with bolt pistol. i haven't manage to find a reasonably priced example yet though.

Attachments

• Amazons4.JPG
    Amazons4.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,290

twisted moon

wanting a support vehicle for my space slann / eru-kin / as'lakians, and inspired by symphonic poet and tubehead's efforts, i decided to scratch build a grav-attack. here's the basic build:

and with an undercoat, which hopefully negates the distraction of the disparate parts:

here's my efforts at a paint job, with an eru-kin for scale:

it still feels as thought it could do with a few more details. i may revisit and go with my original plan of replicating the forces flag insignia on it somewhere.
if anyone's interested in seeing other angles, in any of the three states, let me know before my next update when i'll probably delete the photo's from my camera.

Attachments

• Grav Attack build.JPG
    Grav Attack build.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,198
  • Grav Attack undercoat.JPG
    Grav Attack undercoat.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,198
  • Grav Attack painted.JPG
    Grav Attack painted.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,198

symphonicpoet

That a neat shape. It is a tube of hand lotion of some sort? Or shampoo? Looks a little different than the old school deodorant stick.

Anyway, it's a great shape and I particularly love the little applique bits you added to the front to give it some texture. :) Nicely done!

twisted moon

it's a shower gel bottle. a generic version of original mint source, if i recall correctly.
the applique bits are nail art; i got a largish packet from the pound shop to use some circular ones as cctv camera lenses. used here they're intended to reference the armour plates on the eru-kin and suggest the pilot's cockpit is up-armoured.

symphonicpoet

Ooh, nail art! I'll file that one away. That's a great idea. I've also found jewelry supplies can work well. Large resin "stones" can make good light fixtures, fir instance. And chains and hooks are always useful.

All in all that makes for a great vehicle. :)

knobgobbler

That's a fun tank! I puts me in a mind to watch more Captain Scarlet.
What sorts of glue are you using to keep all these disparate bits of plastic together? Does it seem to be holding well?

There are loads of cool shapes out there in the aisles of the dollar stores... but I always find the plastic they use rejects most adhesives.
At school, making stop-motion characters out of junk, we ended up using lots of mechanical joins... like drilling holes and shoving in plugs of plumber's epoxy.
I saw an art exhibit a while back and the guy had joined all sort of cheap/colorful plastic stuff with little tiny contact points. I asked him how he'd stuck it together and he told me it was some sort of industrial adhesive he'd managed to get ahold of... but could not (would not?) remember the name.

twisted moon

knobgobbler":3fawpgtb said:
What sorts of glue are you using to keep all these disparate bits of plastic together? Does it seem to be holding well? I always find the plastic they use rejects most adhesives.
At school, making stop-motion characters out of junk, we ended up using lots of mechanical joins... like drilling holes and shoving in plugs of plumber's epoxy.

mostly uhu; when that didn't work i opted for plastiweld for plastic to plastic bonds. the (milliput) guns were attached with superglue, then reinforced with uhu. the nail art armour plates were initially attached with pva; this worked well on the front, but not on the sides where I kept inadvertently handling them, so those were replaced with uhu. the satellite dish proved a real pain to keep stuck on, as plastiweld obviously wouldn't work on the metal component. in the end i roughened up the top of the plastic cap to provide a key, and went with uhu again. I'm not sure how solid it is, but it's holding for now.

twisted moon

here's a forest terrain tile i made over the weekend.

i'm fairly confident the ruined cabin is from ainsty castings, although i can't be sure since i've had it for a long time. it's even been painted up for several years awaiting incorporation once i finished painting the citadel plastic trees.

Attachments

• Forest tile1.JPG
    Forest tile1.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 1,327

twisted moon

not very easy to see, but here are seven chickens from warbases, on ttcombat bases.

Attachments

• Chickens1.jpg
    Chickens1.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,307

twisted moon

oh, yes, what game isn't improved by having livestock to steal, get in the way, alert the defender to the approach of the attacker? although most of mine is primarily intended for fantasy. i would like to get some specific sci-fi fauna at some point, although i have noticed today that krakon games range has shrunk considerably; if that's permanent, it's a shame.
speaking of fantasy, here is my most recent endeavour, the bugman's beer cart.

i've had this since about the time it was released, so it's good to have it finally painted. i do note from these photo's that i need to tidy up the edges of the slotta-base first.

Attachments

• Bugman's cart1.JPG
    Bugman's cart1.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,280
  • Bugman's cart2.JPG
    Bugman's cart2.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 1,280
  • Bugman's cart3.JPG
    Bugman's cart3.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,280

twisted moon

a pack horse and pack pony completed over the weekend.

i picked these up from the flea market or a bargain bin, for £1.00 the pair, at a show a few years ago, and so don't know which company they're from.
anyone have any suggestions for dwarven muleskinners?

Attachments

• Pack Horses1.JPG
    Pack Horses1.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 1,225
  • Pack Horses2.JPG
    Pack Horses2.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,225
  • Pack Horses3.JPG
    Pack Horses3.JPG
    20 KB · Views: 1,225

twisted moon

yes, they provide more options for scenarii, as well as the role they play in wfb3.
here's the last one; a grudge pony and (presumably grudge) wagon from the battle for skull pass set.

i picked it up from ebay a few years ago for very little, and was shocked to see the prices being asked for them nowadays. it doesn't look as though i'll be adding any more unless the bottom falls out of the market.

Attachments

• Grudge wagon1.JPG
    Grudge wagon1.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 1,204
  • Grudge wagon2.JPG
    Grudge wagon2.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,204
  • Grudge wagon3.JPG
    Grudge wagon3.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,204

symphonicpoet

^What's in the box?

That's a scary looking box. I'm thinking there will be some wrath involved.

Never really played WFB enough to have an intricate enough knowledge of such particulars, but man, that's a pretty wagon. And a pretty pony. Nice model well painted. Very lovely stuff. :)

Back