twisted moon's 2020

twisted moon

symphonicpoet":2410u8k8 said:
The fellow with the helm imbalance particularly amuses me.

that's the ghost miniatures gd2.

here's the next batch.

i'm sure everyone can recognise the warhammer regiments dwarves by now. in the middle in a heartbreaker hobbies & games (hhg) 2044 dwarf leader: axe & shield, obtained as part of a relatively recent order from ral partha europe. the reamining two are mid-80's citadels which i've owned since then.

Attachments

• Dwarf infantry 5a.JPG
    Dwarf infantry 5a.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 944
  • Dwarf infantry 5b.JPG
    Dwarf infantry 5b.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 944

twisted moon

... and i managed to get another batch finished over the weekend too.

on the left there's another ghost miniatures gd2 dwarf with sword, in the middle there's hhg 2011 dwarf sword & shield, and on the right hhg 2018 dwarf swordsman; a brace of warhammer regiments figures make up the numbers.

i reversed the gd2 and hhg 2018 for this photo. so accommodate the formers sword.

Attachments

• Dwarf infantry 6a.JPG
    Dwarf infantry 6a.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 942
  • Dwarf infantry 6b.JPG
    Dwarf infantry 6b.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 942

twisted moon

another batch complete.

at each end is are ghost miniatures gd2 dwarves with swords, next in a couple of figures from citadel's dwarf lords of legends set: the baron on the left and angus on the right, in the middle is another warhammer regiments dwarf. the observant amongst you might notice this is the eleventh; i have no idea where it came from.

this is the penultimate batch of dwarves with swords and shields. the final five are just awaiting basing.

Attachments

• Dwarf infantry 7a.JPG
    Dwarf infantry 7a.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 916
  • Dwarf infantry 7b.JPG
    Dwarf infantry 7b.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 916

twisted moon

here's the last batch of these.

the final two ghost miniatures gd2 dwarves with swords on either end, and the others are all heartbreaker: hhg 2008 dwarf musician, 2052 dwarf advisor, and 2007 dwarf standard bearer. it wasn't apparent to me what all the advisors equipment was meant to be, and i couldn't find any painted examples online, so just had to make it up.

and here they all are split up into units; one of 20 and the other of 15.

name tags and regimental bases will follow.

Attachments

• Dwarf infantry 8a.JPG
    Dwarf infantry 8a.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 900
  • Dwarf infantry 8b.JPG
    Dwarf infantry 8b.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 900
  • Dwarf HW&Shield units.JPG
    Dwarf HW&Shield units.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 900

twisted moon

as a break from infantry, here's the marauder miniatures mm12 dwarf organ gun painted to go with my anschlusszwerge.

to round up the number for painting i also applied hairy stick to the citadel le25 dwarf with inferiority complex, painted as a spotter for the kaiserzwerge.

i've had both of these sets since around the time of their release.

Attachments

• Dwarf organ gun 1a.JPG
    Dwarf organ gun 1a.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 848
  • Dwarf organ gun 1b.JPG
    Dwarf organ gun 1b.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 848
  • Dwarf organ gun 1c.JPG
    Dwarf organ gun 1c.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 848

dazza36

Really love seeing updates as there's always at least 1 dwarf model I've never seen before ! Agree with symphonicpoet the purple certainly stands out and makes them really unique.

Have to ask as you seem to have so many dwarfs by different companies if you have any of the BOOD dwarfs that I'm currently painting up ?

twisted moon

symphonicpoet":nfpmxqzw said:
Well done!

thank you.

dazza36":nfpmxqzw said:
[Do] you have any of the BOOD dwarfs that I'm currently painting up?

no; they and the white knight ones currently available from the assault group are the most glaring gaps in my collection. my current objective is to paint up what i already own, with new purchases just to fill the gaps required to complete units, but if i decide to expand the force then they will definitely be on my list.
annoyingly i still can't see any of your pictures (including via the links you provided on any of my devices.

daddyorchips":nfpmxqzw said:
is the dwarf on stilts a spotter for the organ gun?

i'm certainly planning on using him as a spotter for an artillery piece. he's from the limited edition dwarf with inferiority complex and snotling saw-master blister pack, which i got back in the day.

here's an update of the next five miniatures for my anschlusszwerge spear unit.

from left to right we have hhg 3228a dwarf spearman #1, hhg 3228b dwarf spearman #2, a plastic dwarf originally from the fantasy warriors box set, ral partha dw014 refur spearman #2 and dw013 grettir spearman #1.

Attachments

• Dwarf infantry9a.JPG
    Dwarf infantry9a.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 388
  • Dwarf infantry9b.JPG
    Dwarf infantry9b.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 388

twisted moon

and the last five for this unit.

we have, from left to right, hhg 2017 dwarf spearman, another fantasy warriors plastic monopose, hhg 2012 dwarf spear & shield, another fantasy warriors plastic monopose and a metal grenadier miniature.

i've swapped the end two around here to allow for hhg 2017's spear.
to the best of my knowledge the fantasy warriors plastics (both dwarves and orcs) are also grenadier sculpts.

Attachments

• Dwarf infantry10a.JPG
    Dwarf infantry10a.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 388
  • Dwarf infantry10b.JPG
    Dwarf infantry10b.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 388

twisted moon

here's the complete 20 strong anschlusszwerge spear unit.

Attachments

• Dwarf Spear unit1.JPG
    Dwarf Spear unit1.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 447
  • Dwarf Spear unit2.JPG
    Dwarf Spear unit2.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 447
  • Dwarf Spear unit3.JPG
    Dwarf Spear unit3.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 447

twisted moon

i thought i'd have a go at skavetember, albeit that it's a late start.
these four have been sat on my painting table, mostly complete since the last time i was painting skaven (last march, by the looks of things), since i couldn't summon up the enthusiasm to finish them for some reason.

they're all citadel, from left to right a mordheim black rat (metal with plastic left arm), warlord spinetail (metal, not sure if there was a subsequent finecast version), and then two of the second wave, jes goodwin sculpted, skaven release.

as you can see, they're not well designed for ranking up with each other, but i'm hoping i'll be able to jam them in a unit of other twin-weapon wielders somehow.

Attachments

• Skaven8a.JPG
    Skaven8a.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 425
  • Skaven8b.JPG
    Skaven8b.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 425

twisted moon

another batch of ratmen here, but no citadel this time.

from left to right we have five mark sims sculpts and then an oakbound studios gnawlock.
the furthest left is the officer from a group of spear/halbard armed ratmen, which to the best of my knowledge are unreleased. i got them from wargames supply dump following a tip-off on here; i think wargames supply dump is now defunct.
the next four mark sims sculpts are ratmen pirates originally sculpted for crusader miniatures as part of the shattered isles range. the range was then sold to black hat miniatures (from whom i got these), who in turn have now passed them onto bridge miniatures (https://bridgeminiatures.com/) who sadly have very few pictures on their website.

Attachments

• Skaven9a.JPG
    Skaven9a.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 408
  • Skaven9b.JPG
    Skaven9b.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 408

twisted moon

another five ratmen, all plastic mordheim skaven this time.

i can't remember where i got these, but presume it must have been in a job lot, since i'm not keen on this iteration of the skaven. they'd all had some paint splashed on, and only the double-handed flail wielder has a tail. the others are my own milliput additions.

here they are in reverse orientation to allow them to be ranked together.
i'll probably use the two-handed flail as another plague censor bearer.

Attachments

• Skaven10a.JPG
    Skaven10a.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 386
  • Skaven10b.JPG
    Skaven10b.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 386

twisted moon

last batch for skavtember, and another mixed bunch.

from left to right we have an oathsworn black rat assassin from oathsworn miniatures (https://www.oathswornminiatures.co.uk/), two more oakbound gnawlocks, a first edition citadel bloodbowl skaven with added axe blade and shaft from a warhammer regiments dwarf and the pommel from a skaven sword of the same provenance, and finally an oathsworn black rat rogue.

albeit on the large side, the oathsworn are also lovely sculpts, but they are at the top of my price range.

here are some of the recent additions added to units of duel wielding ratmen. the fifteen strong unit on the right is made up of more clan eshin types, whilst those in the ten strong left hand unit are more heavily armoured and likely from a warlord clan; clan renj in my case.

Attachments

• Skaven11a.JPG
    Skaven11a.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 372
  • Skaven11b.JPG
    Skaven11b.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 372
  • Skaven duel-wielders.JPG
    Skaven duel-wielders.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 372

twisted moon

i've been painting away for orctober, but haven't been in a position to post anything until now due to the complexities of regiment of renown mutli-bases. since i wanted to (at least try and) get everything to rank up, i painted all the remaining figures for my reinforced harboth's orc archers before basing them,
here they are in no particular order, and not the one ion which they were painted.

from left to right they're ral partha europe, a heartbreaker, monopose plastic citadel, an actual harboth's orc archer, and another heartbreaker.

Attachments

• Orc Archers4a.JPG
    Orc Archers4a.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 348
  • Orc Archers4b.JPG
    Orc Archers4b.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 348

twisted moon

left to right: another monopose plastic citadel, a harboth's orc archer, a grenadier monopose plastic for fantasy warriors, and another two harboth's orc archers

Attachments

• Orc Archers5a.JPG
    Orc Archers5a.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 346
  • Orc Archers5b.JPG
    Orc Archers5b.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 346

twisted moon

left to right: a harboth's orc archer, another monopose plastic citadel, a harboth's orc archer, a ral partha europe, and another harboth's orc archer.

Attachments

• Orc Archers6a.JPG
    Orc Archers6a.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 345
  • Orc Archers6b.JPG
    Orc Archers6b.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 345

twisted moon

left to right: yaskin forrit, musician, harboth himself, standard bearer, and an unrelated 1980's citadel orc archer i've conscripted into the unit.

from the photo's it appears i have misplaced the musicians eyes, which i couldn't tell on the miniature, i'll try and correct that.

Attachments

• Orc Archers7a.JPG
    Orc Archers7a.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 344
  • Orc Archers7b.JPG
    Orc Archers7b.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 344

twisted moon

an finally for today, here are all the twenty figures i've painted so far this orctober:

... and added to the ones i've managed previously:

the intention is to have a unit of twenty including all the official harboth's orc archers figures and another twenty-strong unit of generic archers. i have ordered another eight figures to this end, and if they arrive in time i shall paint them for orctober too.

Attachments

• Orc Archersx20.JPG
    Orc Archersx20.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 341
  • Orc Archersx32.JPG
    Orc Archersx32.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 341
Back