A post apocalyptic adventure

inchmurrin

Inspired by Sleepysod's wonderful Paranoia minis I decided to have a go at some post apocalyptic come scifi minis. My initial efforts are a Paranoia Medbot with was missing an arm and some Grenadier Gamma World robots added some Dark Eldar bits and off we go.

1047857652_o.jpg

More to follow including the Mirilton robot giant spider.

Sleepysod

Like those grenadier bots - might have to get me some! And am intrigued by a giant mechanical spider - sounds ace

inchmurrin

Thanks, the Grenadier ones have a different feel to the Citadel ones but sort of pulp sf. The cyber spider's legs are going to take some fixing so if anyone has built one any advice would be very useful.

inchmurrin

The Spider bot is over on the "I've never painted a .... " Rogue Trader thread but I'll post here anyway for completeness

1049552347_o.jpg

I've added a couple of other minis on this theme

A human maintenance guy for the bots

1051183696_o.jpg

1051183702_o.jpg

A street tough with knuckle duster

1051183692_o.jpg

And with a replacement blaster for his lost gun a Space Adventurer of the Indiana Jones persuasion.

1051183710_o.jpg

1051183712_o.jpg

More robots soon.

inchmurrin

More robots were required so I stole Nickolas P's chaos Android concept - I've stole the Necron as well but its not finished. But mine is a civilian version but I suspect come the robot up rising that chainsaw could have alternative uses.

1053130235_o.jpg

1053130238_o.jpg

As always criticism and comments encouraged

inchmurrin

More recruits a mining robot with laser cutter and a street ganger based on some of my contemporaries in the 60's gang culture in Glasgow a member of the Maryhill Fleet, you can tell by the classy long coat and red top.

1054682842_o.jpg

1054682844_o.jpg

1054682848_o.jpg

symphonicpoet

I love the shuri-conversion pistol! :) Great use of an interesting miniature. The leopardish spots on the collar really help him to stand out.

inchmurrin

Thanks I was trying for that as I thought it would be classy to have endangered species fur on the collar of your Crombie for these types of gangers.

inchmurrin

Another Space Adventurer this time the Official, he is supposed to have a gun but keeping to the more civilian theme I gave him a data slate. I envisage him chiding a trader for not filing his registration for exporting widgets in time.

1056701084_o.jpg

1056701081_o.jpg

symphonicpoet

You know, that's a very good mod. :) I really like that miniature, he's so characterful. But when he's pointing a gun at someone and yelling it kind of ruins a lot of scenes. With a data slate he still feels angry and crazy, but just a tiny bit less ominous. More like an every day nutter. Me, for instance, on a bad day. I'm really tempted to go back and surgerize my own copy in light of what you've done there. Anyway . . . nice! I approve!

inchmurrin

Thanks for the comments. I've been trying to get away from overt violence in these minis as a change from my normal psychopathic chaos types. More to follow.

inchmurrin

This time another civilian. What would be in Shadowrun a Mr Johnston a corporate fixer and corrupt business man or politician. I'd like to point out that any resemblance to a certain world leader prone to Twitter storms is entirely coincidental - honest! I've no idea who made this one and would be delighted to know.

1060003735_o.jpg

1060003733_o.jpg

inchmurrin

My latest creation a cyberpunk nomad by Grenadier. He's inspired by the local Glasgow biker gang of my youth the Blue Angels. He's very patriotic with his saltire coloured mohawk.

1065333913_o.jpg

1065333918_o.jpg

The buildings are paper ones I built during lock down as an experiment. The Ikube ones are a very easy and the chip shop seemed appropriate to the subject. Perhaps they even make deep fried Mars Bars.

inchmurrin

Not strictly post apocalyptic more SF my latest effort is a Dunger Herd with their dune tribe family herders passing through the edge of town. The buildings are paper ones from IKube and I can't remember where the chip shop came from.

1069904362_o.jpg

Dad and herd boss disagreeing over what to buy from the chippie

1069904369_o.jpg

Comments and criticism welcomed.

Back