Golgfag1's preparation for BOYL 2020

Golgfag1

Again, nothing to do preparing for BOYL, but the first batch of Dark Elves from Curtis, who's applying his talents to daubing a bit of paint for me 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• bolt shooters.jpg
    bolt shooters.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 1,815

Golgfag1

Firstruleoffightclub":2yu54b8e said:
Finaly someone who had mercy with the countless sets of DE repeaters that roam eBay for ages.
Keep them coming

:lol: :lol: :lol: A couple of years ago, someone here, offered a selection of them at a very reasonable price (under £10) I have a reasonably large DE army which needed the addition of a bit of heavy duty fire-power, so I snapped them up - current count 16 to 20, I know a bit a tad over kill when compared to standard numbers, but when stood against the rest of the army - they appear fairly balanced! 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1

Golgfag1

Latest thing to pass over the painting table - another block of Empire knights. as ever my pictures do me no favours :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjoy

Paul/Golgfag1

Attachments

• knights 2.png
    knights 2.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 1,695

Golgfag1

So, here's the next addition to my growing Empire army pikes, in readiness for a game later in the year! As ever my pictures do me no fravors.

Enjoy Paul/Golgfag1

Attachments

• pikes 2.jpg
    pikes 2.jpg
    410.7 KB · Views: 1,590

Golgfag1

Apologies, been fairly quiet here recently, reason I've been adding to my empire collection which has gone from this.

To this

Hope you enjoy? I'll add a few close-ups in due course

Paul/Golgfag1

Attachments

• Army shot.JPG
    Army shot.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,504
  • army1.jpg
    army1.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 1,504
Great collection and photos! Some close ups of the Army and Units would definitely be appreciated. Though i hope to be able to see these live at Boyl.

Golgfag1

Fimm McCool":1dfm82a4 said:
Will I be stomping on these guys' heads in March? :grin:

Only in your 'green' dreams, Geoff, as I suspect ballistics are going to be fairly heavy on the approach :lol:

Paul/Golgfag1

Golgfag1

Pygmy Witch Doctor":axay4l1j said:
Great collection and photos! Some close ups of the Army and Units would definitely be appreciated. Though i hope to be able to see these live at Boyl.

I'll see what I can do for 'close ups', as BOYL 2020 a few, as I'm providing a small mounted contribution to Harry's game.

2022 would be more likely, as I'm considering a participation game which would run all weekend with me providing all the kit (watch this space) 8-)

Paul/Golgfag1

Padre

Wish the pics were more focused as I would really like to see these more clearly. They seem to be a great army.

Golgfag1

Sorry no close-ups yet, as I'm still adding to the cause! A touch of WIP - Steam Tanks!

Stripped , rebuilt & primed

Current work in progress , with more details & crew to be added later

Paul/Golgfag1

Attachments

• Tank 1.jpg
    Tank 1.jpg
    923 KB · Views: 1,427
  • Tank 2.jpg
    Tank 2.jpg
    672.6 KB · Views: 1,427

Golgfag1

OK, last of the Empire stuff painted for this year finally, will be moving on more green skins! But for now here's the WIP pictures of the painted Steam Tanks, all I have to do now is add the base decoration, joy.

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

A couple of close-up shots, not that happy with the blue and grey as I don't think there's enough contrast, the red & grey is much better.

Attachments

• Tank 3.jpg
    Tank 3.jpg
    897 KB · Views: 1,382
  • tank 4.jpg
    tank 4.jpg
    631.1 KB · Views: 1,382
  • tank 5.jpg
    tank 5.jpg
    712.7 KB · Views: 1,382
  • tank 6.jpg
    tank 6.jpg
    728.9 KB · Views: 1,382

Golgfag1

Curtis continues to add to my collection of painted stuff, these are his pictures posted on facebook.

Paul/Golgfag1

Attachments

• curtis's d elves 1.jpg
    curtis's d elves 1.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 1,292
  • curtis's d elves.jpg
    curtis's d elves.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 1,292

Golgfag1

Sleepysod":miuazstt said:
They’re a bit special. Will they get a run at BOYL this year?

In response, not sure, really depends upon what I get involved with, Friday I expect the Father v son Lustria bash, Saturday I'm hoping to play with the GROG game, and Sunday's a free slot, so time will tell.

Paul/Golgfag1

Golgfag1

Attended Overlord in Abingdon today and managed to pick-up another 11 Grenadier/Chronicle wolfriders for less than two pounds a miniature, happy bunny!

Also, working on more wolf riders for BOYL this year, hopefully should have these and the new stuff painted in good time to be ready.
Enjoy
Paul/Golgfag1

The new stuff

The wolves in progress

Their riders

Attachments

• wolfriders.jpg
    wolfriders.jpg
    797.2 KB · Views: 1,243
  • wolfs.jpg
    wolfs.jpg
    856 KB · Views: 1,243
  • riders.jpg
    riders.jpg
    599.9 KB · Views: 1,243

Golgfag1

symphonicpoet":1p3mkrqa said:
Heck of a bunch of dank elves there. Curtis does great work and you have amassed a fine collection. :)

Curtis is slowly working his way through my unpainted Dark Elves, but the numbers and his other commitments - he'll be still working on them next year! :lol:

Slowly, slowly catch the monkey.

Paul/Golgfag1

symphonicpoet

^Is that why he tried to get me to sit down and paint with him when I had neither miniatures nor paint on the same continent? :grin: Curtis is awesome! Glad to see you two working together to keep BOYL fun and awesome. :)

Back