Golgfag1's preparation for BOYL 2020

Golgfag1

Splashed a touch more left-over paint over an unknown figure, at least to me. She'll be joining the ranks of my Dark elf Army.

Enjoy

Paul

Attachments

• sorceress 2.jpg
    sorceress 2.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 1,187

Golgfag1

Sleepysod":3ptlblat said:
Lovely dragon, will be nice to see it finished with the rider

With a bit of luck and a lot of rain, I might get it finished over the next week, however, there is a blot on the horizon - these just arrived in the post, a touch of classic lead 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• latest purchases.jpg
    latest purchases.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 1,166

Golgfag1

My previous post showed some of the Pre-slotta Dark Elves Curtis has been applying a bit of paint to, for me, to get the their numbers up to give either the Empire, O&G or Slann/Lizardmen a reasonably sized game. So, as BOYL this year has been delayed until October I've been adding a few details to his efforts to make them feel more of an army of mine.

Here are my first efforts Witch Elves of the Broken Hearts, my intention is to mix these in with their male companions to give a bit of variation the models within each unit. All I've done is darken the hair and high-light the details around their arms and armour.

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

And here's a WIP of what will be their leader, the beast took a bit of pinning let me tell you.

Attachments

• witch elves2.jpg
    witch elves2.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 1,010
  • witch elves3.jpg
    witch elves3.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 1,010
  • witch elves 4.jpg
    witch elves 4.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 1,010
  • witch elves 5.jpg
    witch elves 5.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 1,010
  • progress shot.jpg
    progress shot.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 1,010

Golgfag1

Thanks, Curtis made a reasonably good job of the colour scheme, so all I'm doing is making them my own, as it were. The Dragon Rider has already moved on with really only the details of teeth, claws and veins to add to finish it off, but as ever it's a case of finding the time :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

Golgfag1

Finally got round to finishing the remaining scouts, the difficulty of C series is the mono-pose, and trying the vary the position and colours within a unit whilst keeping some form of cohesion within the unit, so out of a unit of twenty, fourteen are the same figure! Enough of my woes, here are the pictures, the close-ups show for my painting at its worst :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• scouts 1.jpg
    scouts 1.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 981
  • scouts 2.jpg
    scouts 2.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 981
  • scouts 3.jpg
    scouts 3.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 981
  • scouts 4.jpg
    scouts 4.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 981

symphonicpoet

You're too had on yourself by far, Golgfag1. They look good. :) The runes on the shields are cool. The colors are distinctive and interesting. The faces are recognizable. They look absosmurfly fine! And I bet they look truly boss from table distance. I doubt I will find another army of such neat and historic pre-slotta goodness. They're such characterful miniatures . . . even if they are monopose. You've done a nice job varying them up. :) I love it!

Golgfag1

symphonicpoet":2sprgzin said:
You're too had on yourself by far, Golgfag1. They look good. :) The runes on the shields are cool. The colors are distinctive and interesting. The faces are recognizable. They look absosmurfly fine! And I bet they look truly boss from table distance. I doubt I will find another army of such neat and historic pre-slotta goodness. They're such characterful miniatures . . . even if they are monopose. You've done a nice job varying them up. :) I love it!

Thanks for the vote of confidence, I paint them via glasses, as my eye are no longer what they were, I take the photos and review the pictures and an disappointed with my efforts (old age be damned) especially when compared against more modern figures, I content myself with the fact these figures are smaller with less defined detail and I paint armies not single miniatures - so I happily take you point that on the table top they're fine. 8-)

Paul/ Golgfag1

Sleepysod

You are a prolific painter with a good eye for colour choices - in the time it takes me to undercoat one miniature you have raised an entire army! And you are giving a lot of love to many minis that deserve attention but may otherwise have been forgotten by the tides of time - and you actually get to use them which is something I haven't managed yet. I for one am very happy to see new posts from you.

Golgfag1

Thanks for the positive comments.

Well you've seen this model coming along for sometime now and this time I can say it's just about there, apart from a few small details (veins and scars and the like) it's done and I'm pleased with the results as its given me a theme for the army.

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• dragon 1.jpg
    dragon 1.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 990
  • dragon 2.jpg
    dragon 2.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 990
  • dragon 3.jpg
    dragon 3.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 990
  • dragon 4.jpg
    dragon 4.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 990

Golgfag1

I've had this model for longer than I've had kids! Finally daubed a bit of paint over its surface, unfortunately the flash of the camera has bleached out most of the colour definition but the pictures gives a fair impression of my efforts, so am happy to run with them. Hope you enjoy my endeavors

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• Hydra 1.jpg
    Hydra 1.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 973
  • hydra 2.jpg
    hydra 2.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 973
  • hydra 3.jpg
    hydra 3.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 973
  • Hydra 4.jpg
    Hydra 4.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 973

Golgfag1

Well I'm on a roll, so here's the next Hydra of the C series Hydra, this one has a gaping maul according to second edition which provides bonuses to its attacks. It's also considerably easier to the the heads are further apart as their positioned around the central mouth. I also slightly altered the colour scheme to compensate for the camera, which has given a better overall finish to the model.

Enjoy

Paul/ Golgfag1

Attachments

• hydra A.jpg
    hydra A.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 953
  • hydra A1.jpg
    hydra A1.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 953
  • hydra A2.jpg
    hydra A2.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 953
  • hydra A3.jpg
    hydra A3.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 953

Golgfag1

Last, but by no means least, the third of the C series Hydras. I'll be honest this is the hardest to put together and paint, just because of the proximity of the heads to one another. don't get me wrong its a great little model, but it's a sod to get to this stage.

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• hydra b1.jpg
    hydra b1.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 931
  • hydra b.jpg
    hydra b.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 931
  • hydra b2.jpg
    hydra b2.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 931
  • hydra b3.jpg
    hydra b3.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 931

Golgfag1

Bluey Zarzov":1olvad0s said:
Getting rather serious, Eh?

Not really, just adding more variation to my choices, that's all, and on that note - here they are together.

Enjoy

Paul Golgfag1

Attachments

• hydras.jpg
    hydras.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 916
  • hydras 1.jpg
    hydras 1.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 916
  • hydras 2.jpg
    hydras 2.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 916

Golgfag1

Finally, got off my proverbial, and stuck the foil banners I painted up a few months ago! On to a few bits of wire and on to a few miniatures whose spears had been broken, hopefully these will add a touch of colour to my units whilst bringing broken figures back into use.

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• banners 3.jpg
    banners 3.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 865

symphonicpoet

Ooh! I've been away too long. Great stuff, Golgfag1! I love the hydras. It's really hard to say, but I think the yellow half manticoreish one is probably my favorite. Not only does the bright color grab my eye, but the way the necks blend into the lion is great. The banner bearers all look great. And the wyvern and rider came out fantastic! Well done! :)

Thanks for the comments, got to say I'm rather pleased with the results of my latest efforts too. The banners are simple patterns, but in my opinion make a terrific difference to a regiment of foot as can be seen in the pictures below

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Golgfag1

symphonicpoet said:
Ooh! I've been away too long. Great stuff, Golgfag1! I love the hydras. It's really hard to say, but I think the yellow half manticoreish one is probably my favorite. Not only does the bright color grab my eye, but the way the necks blend into the lion is great. The banner bearers all look great. And the wyvern and rider came out fantastic! Well done! :)

Thanks for the comments, got to say I'm rather pleased with the results of my latest efforts too. The banners are simple patterns, but in my opinion make a terrific difference to a regiment of foot as can be seen in the pictures below

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• flags 1.jpg
    flags 1.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 800
  • flags 2.jpg
    flags 2.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 800
  • flags 3.jpg
    flags 3.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 800