Golgfag1's preparation for BOYL 2020

dazza36

Ok now that is one weird model probably not helped by the psychedelic paint job LOL and don't get me started on the phallic weapon pose !!!

Love the banners. Really gives those big units a cinematic feel to them. Makes me think of the battle scenes in films like kingdom of heaven with all the flags flying.

Golgfag1

dazza36":i92a8ic1 said:
Ok now that is one weird model probably not helped by the psychedelic paint job LOL and don't get me started on the phallic weapon pose !!!

Love the banners. Really gives those big units a cinematic feel to them. Makes me think of the battle scenes in films like kingdom of heaven with all the flags flying.

But that's the joy of figures from this era, the sheer variety and imagination required by the artists and sculptors allowed to run wild - simply joyous to behold, now all I have to do is paint the rest of them. 8-)

As for the banners, that's the vibe I was looking for.

Paul / Golgfag1

Sleepysod

I think I like your green hydra best of the three. And the banners are cool as dazza36 pointed out - are you going to be charged twice the points for each standard tho? ;)

Golgfag1

Sleepysod":7d8zmf7o said:
I think I like your green hydra best of the three. And the banners are cool as dazza36 pointed out - are you going to be charged twice the points for each standard tho? ;)

Nice to know my efforts are appreciated, as for double points for the multiple banners, if an opponent is going to go down that route I'd have to ask myself why am I playing them! :roll: :roll: :roll: I'd rather have a cool looking unit 8-) 8-) 8-) .

On another note does anybody recognize this miniature, recent purchase from Ebay, which I'm currently daubing some paint over - was labeled as a Swamp creature, which I'm using as a beastman?

Thanks in advance

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• swamp creature 1.JPG
    swamp creature 1.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 980
  • swamp creature.JPG
    swamp creature.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 980
  • swamp creature 2.JPG
    swamp creature 2.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 980

Golgfag1

My current WIP is not so much preparation for 2020, but 2022, when BOYL will be celebrating ten years - a small clan/tribe of trolls graced by the hand of our every own Drew Williams. My plan is to put on one game all weekend with anybody who wants to join-in taking a faction within the game, I provide all the figures, a back story leading up to various goals for the numerous factions taking part Wizards, Empire, numerous tribes of Orcs and Goblins, ogres, giants, samurai, barbarians and a small contingent of chaos! 8-)
So, watch this space :shock:

As for the figures initial base coats added

With a small appetizer, of table decoration!

Enjoy the trip

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• Trolls.jpg
    Trolls.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 958
  • Dinner.jpg
    Dinner.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 958

Golgfag1

OK, following a complete melt down of my laptops hard drive here's what I've been up to over the last couple of weeks - adding to my collection of beastmen, enjoy.

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• latest purchases.jpg
    latest purchases.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 599
  • band grows 1.jpg
    band grows 1.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 599
  • band grows 2.jpg
    band grows 2.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 599
  • band grows 4.jpg
    band grows 4.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 599
  • The band continues to grow.jpg
    The band continues to grow.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 599
Golgfag1":3ftfh7e4 said:
Thanks, however the difference between need and want is subjective. However, they are nice figures, may have to consider this at a later date - as Mr Hides has been also been plying his wares recently :lol: :lol: :lol:, which I've taken advantage of 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1

I always used to say I wish that GW would make miniatures of the creatures from Bosch and Breughal paintings. And now, Eureka does! I guess they're Australian, no idea what the situation is for UK distribution of their minis. Luckily for me, the US distributor is located just a town over from me so when I ordered my sets I always got them the next day. I painted a couple to use as demons in a Frostgrave campaign. I think I'll be using the rest as Warhammer beastmen.

Golgfag1

Just realized with the cancellation of BOYL2020 I should really be preparing for 2021 now, but to be honest I I'm already looking at 2023 as I'm planning a repeat of my first visit to BOYL2013, where I challenged the entire Forum to a game of third edition :lol: :lol: :lol: . Won't be going so far, but watch this space of details! 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1

Back