New Goblins from Four A Miniatures

Thantsants

A Goblin, a Goblin - My Kingdom Four A Goblin...

Sorry couldn't resist massacring a bit of the Bard for this post! And if you didn't get the finely wrought pun then let me enlighten you...

100_1013.jpg

I spent a most pleasant few hours over in Pudsey at Recon 2012 at the weekend - even the kids behaved well for me (the wife was off doing stuff for her Midwifery training) long after the initial excitement of seeing lots of little monsters - actually there were more little tanks in the demonstration and participation games. Talking of which there was an excellent game based on the 1953 version of War of the Worlds - you know the one with the Manta Ray style Martian war machines.

Anyway I digress.

Its always nice at these events to pop over and have a good chat with Andy of Four A Miniatures  and see what new miniature goodies he has in. Well I was certainly not disappointed as sitting there proudly were the latest additions to the his Goblin range, sculpted by Kev Adams himself, nonetheless!

100_1014.jpg

I gather these guys haven't quite made it onto the online shop yet but they won't be long and they're definitely worth looking out for. As you can see I've wasted no time getting a grey primer and black ink wash on them!

Its nice to see the range branching out and developing - this release sees some rather nice Goblin villagers -

100_1027.jpg

100_1028.jpg

100_1030.jpg

A brilliant Goblin shaman -

100_1032.jpg

Notice the little raptor poking his head out from beneath his cloak!

100_1031.jpg

A bunch of new warriors -

100_1020-1.jpg

Love the new boozy archer - hope he can shoot straight though!

100_1021-1.jpg

The Blow pipe armed Goblin is another nice new twist.

100_1022.jpg

100_1023.jpg

100_1029.jpg

100_1024.jpg

100_1025.jpg

And most excitingly - a mounted Goblin with a bad case of crabs!

100_1017.jpg

This guy is loads of fun and there will be a few more variants to look forward to as well.

100_1018.jpg

100_1019.jpg

I can't wait to get started on painting these chaps up, although they will have to wait a little while - I've started work on the little commission Binman (from the LAF) has asked me to do for his amazing Mordheim project.

It's certainly going to be nice to do some more "traditional" Old World fare in the form of a couple of Elves, a Gnome and a Snotling! They are now based on 2p coins, primed and almost base coated...

Chico

Hate to say it, ain't a fan.. those ears are just plain werid lol. And i happen to feel sorry for the Goblin Dr which has to sort out that other Goblins case of the Crabs :O

Thantsants

I can see maybe the ears aren't to everyone's taste - I think they're a great twist on the old Gobbo theme myself.

You're right though Chico the Doc has his work cut out! Definitely a bad case of Crab, nevermind crabs :lol:

As I've painted the other Goblins in this range with a bit of a swamp theme I'm going to try and give the hermit crab some Robber Crab colouration. They are definitely a blast to paint.

Probably posted these up here before, but here's the rest of the range released so far

100_0847.jpg

100_0846.jpg

Blue in VT

I have to agree that they don't look that wonderful in the "grey" But I am confident enough in Kev's sculpts and Thantsants painting abilities that I will reserve final judgment until I see painted version.

Cheers,

Blue

Thantsants

Right another WIP here.

I got into a great discussion on the LAF a while back about using Eureka's Turtle Tank with Four A's fantastic Goblins. Huge thanks to fellow LAF'er Scurv for sorting me out with said Turtle, minus the Turtle warrior crew and at a very reasonable price too.

Anyhow - here's a few shots of the Turtle Tank and its new owners -

100_1439_zpsbe51460a.jpg

There's a few conversions although I use the term lightly as I really only repositioned a few legs and arms and swapped a spear head for a ramrod.

The Blowpipe armed Goblin had his arm moved up to make it look more like a telescope in his new role as spotter and Anti-Aircraft gunner!

100_1462_zpsde8ab08a.jpg

I need to add some reigns and a bit to connect the turtle's mouth to the axe wielding driver in the middle.

100_1458_zps91dd4989.jpg

Painting has commenced since I took these pics - we'll see how far I get this weekend. Unfortunately the photo of the latest Goblin set didn't come out well but I have those to finish off too - got as far as base coating them...

100_1460_zps99444cfa.jpg

So they're becoming quite a little force to be reckoned with, with more releases to look forward to as long as Andy's sale goes well at Four A. If you haven't taken advantage yet of the Mean in Green deal on all three sets of Goblins and the Something Fishy deal on the Sea Demons, I suggest you get over there and get them while they're hot!

100_1459_zpsc0805b4c.jpg

100_1461_zps9b046c72.jpg

phreedh

You got some paint on the keyboard, bud...

:)

Looking forward to see what you do with the turtle! Still think that LPL entry last year with animals was among your best work so far so I have high hopes! No pressure though... no pressure at aaaall.

;)

Thantsants

Yeah, I think a few splashes went on the desk too ;)

Cheers - I was pretty chuffed with those beasties. Got a whole load of reference pics for shell patterns and skin tones for tortoises so definitely going for a naturalistic look.

Just seen the announcement for the LPL Season 7 - are you in? Quite tempted again although the civil war category might be tricky without buying in some minis, although I could repurpose some of my Men at Arms for a bit of the War of the Roses...

Cheers Blue - they do go quite well together.

A-painting I will go!

Back