Ork encamp WIPs

Next batch of tents for the encampment is under way:

P1260337.JPG

I originally intended for the red tent to be the mekaniak's, but I have too many ideas for his tent (stove pipe, wheels, half finished trukk and so on) to fit on this base.

P1260338.JPG

The dispenser is looted from the Imperials. I supposed the cans are different kinds of Imperial brew then.

P1260339.JPG

These will get lids and be painted as bottles.

P1260342.JPG

A couple of Snotlings are busy roasting the eyes of an unlucky guardsman. They probably couldn't figure out how to remove the helmet.

Suber

Haha, what a lovely insanity! But beware! You aer only on the early stages of a full grown Ork town! ;)

For pan frying, definitely eyeballs. Unless its super non-stick, human brains will just stick and fall apart, and it's tricky to get it cooked through without over-cooking the outside and risking burnt brain taste spoiling the delicate flavour. The best methodnis to place the brain in a tight sealed ziploc and get as much air out as possible, then let it sit in water heated to a constant 63ºc for about 40mins, or until it has the firmness and consistency of silken tofu and a nice nutty aroma.

Right then, eyes it is!

P1260421.JPG

Made these, and I'll paint them up as eyes. The bottles will probably end up looking like Breznak beer or something. I've never tried sculpting stuff before really and it seems to be a steep learning curve.

I worked a bit on the mines for the minefield as well:

P1260409.JPG

P1260411.JPG

This one's inspired by Wile E. Coyote of Road Runner fame.

P1260413.JPG

It'll have a sign saying 'Refreshments' (probably need to orkify that)... but I hope the overall mechanism is evident enough.

P1260414.JPG

'If u see da enemy, just hit as 'ard as ya can wiv da hamma. Got it?' - Snotling making himself useful

P1260417.JPG

'The tripwire' - the vertical piece of wood is only there whilst the glue is mending, to resist the spring force of the string.

P1260418.JPG

I like Orks a bit naive and sort of like 10 year olds doing a science project. I think the trip wire sums that up. I hope you understand it...

Dr The Viking":2pblhtr6 said:
Made these, and I'll paint them up as eyes. The bottles will probably end up looking like Breznak beer or something. I've never tried sculpting stuff before really and it seems to be a steep learning curve.

I like Orks a bit naive and sort of like 10 year olds doing a science project. I think the trip wire sums that up. I hope you understand it...

You seem to have a fair handle on it already but this is really worth a read for working with Green Stuff - lots of useful technical info.

http://www.bananaking.net/cento/workshop/conv_green.htm

You got some very imaginative and inspirational pieces in there. :razz:

Got the trip wire joke immediately by the way.

P1260437.JPG

Beer sorted

P1260443.JPG

Snacks nearly sorted

P1260429.JPG

Time to start working on the next piece of terrain for the camp

P1260430.JPG

Meet Matumba - Savage Ork chef

P1260434.JPG

Now I just need to not start working on that until the second one is completely finished!

weismonsters":z8qj1m5w said:
This stuff is wonderful. Great fun conversions and scratchbuilds.

Thanks buddy.

I just noticed that the chef's hat isn't proper. I did it without a reference and just thought of remembered a hat like that as a thing with 4 round spheres on top.

Looking it up it seems a chefs hat is more like a pipe with a flattish wavy layer on top.

Question, then: Should I change the hat?!?!

170px-ChefHat.png

chefs-hat-t10339.jpg

Ti Pouchon

Don't change the chef's hat - it is instantly recognizable the way it is and that's the only thing that counts IMO - one look at the conversion is enough for anyone to say "Oh, an Orc chef. Nice!"
I think you achieved exactly what you went for. Job's a good 'un.

Savage Ork Chef, what a wonderful concept!

Hat looks OK. Understood what it was immediately due to the context of the wooden spoon. The hat might be improved by defining the brim so it looks more like the 2nd source image.

Back