Zombie wip

I'd actually prefer one topic to keep my stuff in but since there's wip and showcase - here's the first dose of my spam :mrgreen:
Since my hobby time is quite limited I will try to write some more about the project sooner or later here or on the bloggy but at this point important facts are:
- there's an old model on the base
- there will be 2 more deaders and both old!
- no crab was killed for hobby purposes (I'm veggie) - the one you can see here was found dead and completly dried on the beach

P1050006.jpg

P1050007.jpg

Hope you like what you see :)

DaImp

Loving the shields already! :)
Gonna be very helpful watching an expert put a diorama together.

Cheers!

I am also happy of the shields especially these are the very Evil Sun and bad Moon I painted:
I've always been scared of these.
We'll see if painting paper banners will also turn out so smooth...

Leaves is sth falling down the trees here early autumn:
I'll try to learn the what's exact name of the tree and let you know :)

Thantsants

The crab is a nice touch - very inventive!

Reminds a bit of the tarantula skin used with the old Macragge mini in the Fantasy Miniatures book.

Michael Immig did great things with conker shells and animal skulls too - remember his dioramas from WD100? 8-)

Thanks!

Thantsants":3b27q0f2 said:
Michael Immig did great things with conker shells and animal skulls too - remember his dioramas from WD100? 8-)
No :(
Don't think I've ever seen this WD - I can't remember I've seen any of old WDs ever actually :cry:

Looking forward to seeing more. I checked your blog after a couple fo your comments. I really like your painting style. Though different from mine, you have some things I can learn from. You really seems to have glowing green eyes down....which I love.

Great stuff in there :shock:

As for my wip here's the second attempt to get the banner for zombie painted.
I think I will give it another try but this time remove the rings (or whatever it is), add more blisters and replace the background either with night sky only OR yellowish / sepia color...

bad_moon_banner_wip.jpg

If you have any ideas for what you'd like to see on the banner just shout:
some of them might be used... 8-)

Just John

Love the diorama - did you do anything to the crab to stop it rotting? Of course if it does start to smell it'll add a certain authenticity to a diorama of the undead :)

Thanks!
As I said the crab was found on the beach - there was no meat or anything inside - it was just very thin and extremly fragile carapace. To make it bit more durable I poured some modelling putty into the body so I could attach it onto the base.
All legs were broken off so I just glued them on the base behind the body, but don't think you can see the creature has actually no legs on the pics :grin:

@Dreamfish: almost forgot: leaves fell from birch :)

Thantsants

I love the banner pole you've built up - how about getting some kind of puppet strings/marionette theme in. That's what popped into my head when I saw the outstretched hands.

Might be a bit tricky with the image you've got there though...

Back