Crimson Fists 1987 - WIP

Still alot of fine detailing to go on these guys and the command group, a 5 man unit that needs some glazing, a Dreadnought, a Land Raider and Ex-Brother marine objective to be painted... but pretty happy so far. Going to go totally Rogue Trader and base these bad boys with aquarium sand as well. Soon!

Attachments

• CRIMSON (3).jpg
    CRIMSON (3).jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 1,424

dazza36

Lovely work. Can't go wrong with Crimson Fists, such an iconic classic from back in the day. I'm probably not the only one with a soft spot for them purely due to the front cover of RT. Will we be seeing the battle damaged standard or dead orc head at some point ?

Thank you for the kind words! Yes, that original Rogue Trader cover holds so many fond memories for me... I still get the same thrill seeing it as I did when I was a kid (something about those blues and yellows, it's almost comic-book oriented). It also holds some neat information... I love the little emblems on the armor (this to me depicts a strong, highly individualized force, bearing subtle differences in their markings - something along the lines of the Aliens Colonial marines decorating their armor with different slogans. etc). Things were a little less formal back in the RT days, and little rougher, a little less parade ready. I'm really going for that with these squads... very battle worn. I also noticed that the marines on the book don't bear that red racing stripe down the helmet... I thought this would also be a cool variant for one of the squads.
And yes, the Ork head will probably find it's way to the aerial on the Commander's backpack (along with a Tyranid and Eldar head), and the war damaged standard is on the way!
Really excited to post everything when it's done!

Back