Crimson Fists 1987 - WIP

Show us what you are working on at the moment

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:07 am

Crimson Fists 1987 - WIP

Still alot of fine detailing to go on these guys and the command group, a 5 man unit that needs some glazing, a Dreadnought, a Land Raider and Ex-Brother marine objective to be painted... but pretty happy so far. Going to go totally Rogue Trader and base these bad boys with aquarium sand as well. Soon!
Attachments
CRIMSON (3).jpg
CRIMSON (3).jpg (118.17 KiB) Viewed 330 times

Post Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:16 pm

Re: Crimson Fists 1987 - WIP

Lovely work. Can't go wrong with Crimson Fists, such an iconic classic from back in the day. I'm probably not the only one with a soft spot for them purely due to the front cover of RT. Will we be seeing the battle damaged standard or dead orc head at some point ?

Post Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:39 pm

Thank you for the kind words! Yes, that original Rogue Trader cover holds so many fond memories for me... I still get the same thrill seeing it as I did when I was a kid (something about those blues and yellows, it's almost comic-book oriented). It also holds some neat information... I love the little emblems on the armor (this to me depicts a strong, highly individualized force, bearing subtle differences in their markings - something along the lines of the Aliens Colonial marines decorating their armor with different slogans. etc). Things were a little less formal back in the RT days, and little rougher, a little less parade ready. I'm really going for that with these squads... very battle worn. I also noticed that the marines on the book don't bear that red racing stripe down the helmet... I thought this would also be a cool variant for one of the squads.
And yes, the Ork head will probably find it's way to the aerial on the Commander's backpack (along with a Tyranid and Eldar head), and the war damaged standard is on the way!
Really excited to post everything when it's done!

Post Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:35 am

You're doing it right there, I would say. Very nice! Hard to go wrong with Crimson Fists. :)

Return to WIP