Starport Fuel Truck

symphonicpoet

Don't know why I never do WIP threads, but . . . here's one. A fuel truck for my starport.

yC5San4.jpg

zrZXbym.jpg

Kqbeep0.jpg

eNFoAp7.jpg

KiTuzzB.jpg

EN4B9zW.jpg

fWw2GuK.jpg

PZvmF6F.jpg

X0a3Woe.jpg

symphonicpoet

The finished product . . .

FU2Gtjd.jpg

DUgVI4c.jpg

7088Kw2.jpg

I'll try to get some better pictures of the truck in action soonish. Add 'em to the blog and the showroom.

symphonicpoet

^The cable ends will be appearing in another project soon. I was worried it would be too hard to pull the guts out of the full cable, but it worked out fine, once I had a decent grip. Managed to separate it almost completely into it's constituent components, several of which were used separately later. Leftover cable is wonderful stuff. :)

symphonicpoet

^There's plenty of Ogryn around town that would take the job. Though I figure a couple of ordinary humans and a ladder should be able to take care of it as well. And possibly a forklift. Which might or might not be somewhere slightly down the docket.

Plaiecivile

symphonicpoet":b6490cvk said:
^There's plenty of Ogryn around town that would take the job. Though I figure a couple of ordinary humans and a ladder should be able to take care of it as well. And possibly a forklift. Which might or might not be somewhere slightly down the docket.

True... but ogryn do not care for Unions and do not complain over safety issues, it is all down to your style of management I guess... lol!

symphonicpoet

^^Thank you Suber. I hemmed and hawed over the scale issues implied in what Placie mentions, but in the end the price was right: I had them surplus from another project. Sunk cost. Not quite free, but the next best thing. And in the end Placie is right . . .

^You know, those Ogryn need work. And as I said, there's plenty of them around. The only unions in the quadrant are probably on Proserpine, or maybe Burgkhan Kaldun Prime. (Do dwarf guilds count as unions?) Anyway, I promise, there are more projects down the line that relate at least loosely to that truck.

Back