New terrain boards

Show us what you are working on at the moment

Moderator: Moderators

Post Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:29 pm

Re: New terrain boards

that looks amazing and very atmospheric; perfect! love it tons :) ! must have been great fun making those.

Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:28 am

What trickery is this to make it seem as though you have two boards! :D Lovely stuff. I really look forward to seeing how it all fits together. It's one thing reading your descriptions, but until you have them all in a photo. With fimir and dwarves and dragons on them . . .

Glorious! :)

Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:32 am

symphonicpoet wrote:What trickery is this to make it seem as though you have two boards!

Haha, yes. The others are two boards, but this is just the one. I do want to do a second one that's got flat edges all around or possibly backs onto the puzzlewood boards... but not sure if I'll have the space.

symphonicpoet wrote: It's one thing reading your descriptions, but until you have them all in a photo. With fimir and dwarves and dragons on them . . .

I'm looking forward to that too. Once the builders have finished sorting out the roof (they've not even started yet...) I can get on with building the table for it all to sit on. Then I'll be able to snap away to my heart's content!

Pumpkineater wrote:that looks amazing and very atmospheric; perfect! love it tons :) ! must have been great fun making those.

Thanks. Yes it was. Twisting the wire is very satisfying. I used iron wire for these to experiment, so they're quite heavy but much easier to bend into shape than the steel or aluminium wire. My next plan is to experiment making a barer tree using fine copper wire for the smaller branches.

Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:26 pm

Great looking terrain, looking forward to seeing all the boards together being fought over.

Post Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:45 pm

Hmm, my photos seem to be disappearing...

Anyhoo, I wasn't happy with the square edges around my modular terrain boards so I made some hedgerows to slot between them and break up the edges. Hope you like. More on the blog: https://fimmmccools.blogspot.com/2019/10/all-along-hedgerow.html

Tex

Post Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:53 am

Beautiful!

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:44 am

That's a great plan right there. :) Could use them to cover the joins too. :)

Post Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:50 pm

symphonicpoet wrote: Could use them to cover the joins too. :)

Exactly what they do. ;)
Previous

Return to WIP