Citadel JD, Paranoia AND Gothic Horror

Show us what you are working on at the moment

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:11 am

Re: Citadel JD, Paranoia AND Gothic Horror

Oh, nice! That really is quite the collection! The work on the tween is great. I've done a plaid once or twice before, but that tweed . . . that's fiddly! Great stuff all around. And what the investigator has summoned . . . ! Bravo!

Post Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:02 am

Most of my spare time in the last weeks has been spent assembling scenery (I bought the Warcradle Dunsmoth set which, whilst fun to assemble, is intended for a slightly larger scale of miniatures that the 1985 Citadel range i.e. 35mm rather than 25mm).

Have been pootling along with a few other minis but nothing of note to share yet - except for another gribbly for my investigators to battle - a C18 Night Horror Apeman (again still to be based)

When I've finished a few more Gothic Horror I'll try to post a photo(s) of them in their new Dunsmouth environs

Post Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:25 am

^That's a spooky looking little horrible horror there! :D Well done! I particularly like the faces. Especially the trophy.

Post Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:49 pm

Have managed to complete a few more Gothic Horror pieces during lockdown but have spent much more time assembling the Warcradle Dunsmouth mdf buildings.

I plan to put both together in a photo shoot at some point in the relatively near future (big issue is that the scenery is intended for 35 mm whilst the GT range is very clearly 25 mm, and in some cases arguably smaller...).

This guy is a new England 'lighthouseman' (hence his woolly fisherman's jumper). He was missing his revolver and so a quick scramble around the bits box meant that he has gained a 1911 Browning pistol. To my eyes the fix looks good, but by god the gun is big (the miniature itself is very slight). He looks like a cocky bastard, but probably can afford to be cocky if he's backed up by the big gun (although that's not going to help him against Cthulhu or an elder god...)

Second is the adventuress - she's probably adventuring in South America or North Africa - hence her oversized pith helmet!

Third is a compilation, the adventuress is back but also here we have a gamekeeper, two Bobbies (one is listed as "Alo Alo") and "Lady Jane"

More soon! EDIT: Have also invested in some excellent hooded half fishman cultist types from Blind beggar miniatures - very impressed by these! They may be among these next miniatures that I post along with one or two more dread minis

Post Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:47 pm

Another day in lock down and a few more pieces to share.

This is Chimichunga from the Citadel Judge Dredd perps range (JD3). Whilst I was glad to get hold of her and paint her up for the collection she really isn't my favourite sculpt from the range. She is a version of the Venus Bluegenes (JD10/11/12) and the two features that stood out were (a) her ginormous head and (b) her freaking gigantic gun hand. She's like a freaking fiddler crab with a dimorphic claw! Some trainee sculpting going on here i think....

Here's Venus for comparison (an early paint job, NOT Covid related painting)

The other mini I'd like to share is from the Gothic Horror Range - one of two explorer's - chosen to give him a Han Solo on Hoth style blue jacket and experimented for the first time with GW's Valhallan Blizzard (not a massive fan).

I made a cock up here as I had a nice bright paint job, applied a thick matt varnish and it leeched the brightness. I then further compounded the issue by applying a Tamiya snow weathering paint. Still love the mini and would love to get the variant.

Post Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:24 am

Oh, brilliant! Cock up or not, I love your gothic horror. He's absolutely fantastic! And the Han Solo reference is pretty clear. I love it!

Post Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:45 am

symphonicpoet wrote:Oh, brilliant! Cock up or not, I love your gothic horror. He's absolutely fantastic! And the Han Solo reference is pretty clear. I love it!

Cheers for that. I was disappointed when he dulled out but he’s such a nice miniature. I’ve got a second apeman figure which I’m painting up as a yeti, this mountaineer will be stalking him - hence the blood trail in the snow.

Post Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:06 am

A few more cleared from the pile

Firstly the Gothic Horror Reverend (also known as Rev Luther Kirkegard from the Curse of the Mummy's tomb). Just leaves the Earl of Carmarthen from the original box to paint up. Then I need to progress on the additional four characters from the White Dwarf expansion (I only have "Dodger Fagin"/Burglar (bugler?) at the moment.

Gothic Horror 'Ethel' (sneaking her revolver out of her purse...)

As threatened, my yeti version of the Night Horrors Apeman.

And finally the first of my Elementals - thought this might be useful as a stone golem or similar in Call of Cthulu time games. Years ago I had the wind and water elementals and I noticed that recently there have been a lot more of these being posted on the oldhammer facebook pages. I don't recall these in WFB4e but they were all powerful in 2e and 3e (except if someone played winds of magic...)

Post Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:13 am

Sleepysod wrote:
This guy is a new England 'lighthouseman' (hence his woolly fisherman's jumper). He looks like a cocky bastard

He looks cocky because whoever sculpted his jumper did a totally balls-out job and now it has been painted extremely well to boot!

Post Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:44 am

I do not need to buy more miniatures. I am already buying more miniatures and I do not need to buy even more beyond that. No!

Fantastic! Your gothic horrors look lovely, top to bottom. And yes, the jumper is really very nice. And I love Ethel. So much you can stash in a handbag. :)
PreviousNext

Return to WIP