Citadel JD, Paranoia AND Gothic Horror

Sleepysod

Re: Angel Gang and other Citadel JD miniatures

They are great minis (Paranoia Trouble shooters) - and I have another 3 on the way + plus 4 robots

symphonicpoet

All lovely stuff, but I particularly like the robots, and it's very nice to see a Black Hole reference. Great stuff!

Sleepysod

Some more WIP from the Citadel Paranoia range. Almost there. Just waiting for some paints to arrive in the post, a final bit of detail (the robot's screen just has to have a message on it...), a general tidy up and jobs a good un.

Generally please with these minis.

Great work!
Will have to dig out my Judge Dredd figures now.....best era for Citadel ;)

Mason

Wonderful stuff in this here direction!
:mrgreen:

I love the old JD range and also adore the Paranoia figures (I have a few that I have not got around to yet) so I shall be foloowing your progress with much interest.

Sleepysod

A little bit of detail still to be tweaked, but Citadel Paranoia group shot as requested :)

Have 3 troopers and a boot still to go - and hopefully a vulture guard (thanks Jonas) and a high programmer in the post.

...and if you're asking why they have grass on their bases? then you should report to the computer for termination...

Sleepysod

At an early stage, just base colours and some washes, but you get the idea :)

Jonas

Did you buy the High Programmer on Ebay? I was outbid on one just yesterday.

Anyway, very nice group shot. Quite a collection so far!

Sleepysod

Two came up at the same time - one was BIN (which I went for) and then I watched the other one creep up in price. They went for the same price in the end. So rare to see. I'll fight you for Wee-B-Bad if he ever appears

Jonas

I am always looking for cheap Paranoia and Dredd models on many places. If I come by new dublicate items I will let you know :grin:

Sleepysod

Cheers - likewise if I find any duplicates in my travels and they're on your list I'll send them your way

Sleepysod

Very happy with this little fella :grin:

First of the the three to be 'finished'. Hopefully will get the other two done this weekend.

Sleepysod

Re: Angel Gang, other Citadel JD and Paranoia miniatures

Jackobot A from the Paranoia range. Reasonably happy with him - very simply painted (army painter chaos, dragon and blood reds), but I think the judicial use of some spare Airfix transfers sets him off and he is more than table ready.

As you can may be able to see I made a major mistake here over the weekend. I thought I'd found a cheap matt varnish in an art shop and foolishly applied it to all my Paranoia miniatures without testing it on something beforehand (I mean it looked the same and went on the same...). Turned out to be a bit more gloss than expected.

Everyone now has an unpleasant shine to them, including my High Programmer which was also painted up this weekend. No photo of him to share yet. I'll try to recover him as best I can before hand (also when photographing him I noticed that there were several lumps of dried paint on the front of his tunic which makes me doubly depressed). I think for the other minis I've painted, although they are shiny they don't look too bad and I can probably live with them - at least they look like the paint isn't going to chip.

Does anyone know if putting a matt varnish on top of a gloss would help recover them?

Yes, a blast of matt varnish will sort your shinies out. Best use a decent one though.

Sleepysod

Citizen Sade":24hnz531 said:
Yes, a blast of matt varnish will sort your shinies out. Best use a decent one though.

Any specific recommendation/brand?

I use Windsor & Newton professional matt in a spray can. Many swear by Testors dullcote though.

Back