Various Things Tilean

Padre

Some New Figures

The Portomaggioran player in my current campaign gave me descriptions of his officers so that I could model and paint them appropriately. I am going to use them for a photo-story about a war council between several allied forces' commanders, which will be a prequel to the next (massive) battle report. The actual game is to be on Saturday, and I am currently busy with new scenery. I already have more the 200 new figures painted which will be on the field! But I am working other bits and bobs too.

This post is about the creation of the figures, some newly made, some converted from old figures. I will quote the player's descriptions.

'Alessio' (Lord Alessio Falconi, the player's own character and ruler of his realm) 'is large with blonde hair. Politician and charming but his main aim is the increase in power of his city.'

I gave two possibilities - modifying an existing figure or using a newly made one.
b1yZcO9.jpg

The player chose the painted figure, which I thought was a good choice. I then swapped the head on the other figure and decided he would be an NPC commander at the council.

'Hakim' (Wizard Lord, creator of the city's guardian 'Colossus') 'is an Arab with black tash and goatee, I use the paymasters model. Light wizard uses a lot of words but says little not to fond of priests in general.'

'Ned' (Condottiere Ned Black) 'is another large man with black hair and carries a blue and white Eagle. Wears gold armour. Empire born, tends to be direct but a skilled general.'

'Hans' (Artillerist, Hans Weidmuller) 'is normal size with brown hair and wears the colours of Portomaggiore (yellow and red) quiet and a little deaf in his left ear.'

'Marcus' (Tilean Noble, Marcus Portelli) 'is an older man balding with a sharp temper and bad rep outside of his cavalry units who adore him.'

So I came up with these ...

63fP9ZO.jpg

I didn't like Marcus, even though I had scraped some hair off to make him suitably balding, and so I made another possibility using Perry's plastic limbs and torso and a head from my bits box. Then I asked the player if Marcus could be completely bald so that we could use this figure. Damo loved it.

opAyKRg.jpg

This is my favourite out of this new batch.

For the war council, I also needed a dismounted, chatting version of young Lord Silvano of Pavona. I used a Perry's body, with a cloak added (after bending it from it's original flapping in the wind shape - the council will be held in a tent after all!)

h1Gk3Sb.jpg

I also needed a halfling hero, the NPC Lord of Poliena. I scoured the web for a whole hour to find one. I couldn't, at east not that would arrive soon enough, or cheap enough. So I scoured my bits boxes and decided to attempt a quick conversion of a very umpromising Blood-bowl figure! I replaced the helmet, drilled holes through the hands to put a polearm in them and added another cloak.

mIXho3Y.jpg

Here are the player's Portomaggiorans completed:

pROAjLY.jpg

And here are the NPC realm officers (from Verezzo and Luccini) as well as the young Pavonan lord :

5wifSEF.jpg

'General' Marsilio's employer (Lord Lucca) has left him with hardly anything command - just a small regiment of foot-soldiers - which is why he has dismounted and chosen to use the massive axe in battle as a suitably hefty infantry weapon. The Verezzan 'captain' is actually just a unit champion, but he had obviously been a soldier for sometime, probably in Empire employ, and was happy to put the money into looking the part. The halfling lord was featured in an earlier story mounted on a pony and armoured like a Bretonnian knight. Here you can see he has decided that if he is to serve in a besieging force (an army of 6000 pts with no horse soldiers - the horse being sent away for strategic reasons) then he might as well go the whole hog and equip himself like a foot-soldier.

Perhaps confusingly, the Portomaggioran player and the Pavonan player both have Empire-ish armies liveried in blue and white. I tried therefore to make a slightly different shade of blue for young Lord Silvano. Also, Verezzo's colours are blue and yellow, which when combined with the yellow and red of the actual city of Portomaggiore (the blue and white is Lord Alessio Falconi's family livery), leads to even more potential confusion. Ah well, hopefully we'll know on the day which soldiers are which!

Padre

Some Scenery

I have also been playing around with some cathedral scenery to do some internal shots for several stories. Hopefully the two different sides of the model's walls will look suitably different to be two different cathedrals! I would have to ensure I could dismantle and ... erm ... 'remantle' it at will.

In raw, unpainted form, stuck together as a test it looked like this:
Pj6mcFQ.jpg

I modelled some pews and pillars. Here are the lollipop pews just glued:
agyBWNS.jpg

Painted up (though still WIP) it started to look good:
BAIZLEg.jpg

Taking it apart for further work, I realised that the various bits could be put together differently to become a church model for game play.
EeruBtP.jpg

Fashion up a basic roof:
IzD3bX4.jpg

Slap it on and hey presto ...
EEzAqOO.jpg

Gonna do more work yet, before the story can be photographed. Here are two bits bought at Vapnartak today, being an Ainsty castings large memorial base combined with a Reaper Bones' Gravestone of Protection to make a passable statue of the god Myrmidia:
XzwnYOq.jpg

symphonicpoet

Oh, those interiors look particularly nice as photographic backdrops. The light streaming in the windows is inspired. Good stuff all! :)

Back