twisted moon's 2019

symphonicpoet

Neat selection of parts dressing up an interesting form. I love your windows particularly. It's always fun working with old packages. Completely oldhammer!

twisted moon

thank you; the widows are disposal contact lens packets.
here's the latest: a dreadnought to support the church of the black emperor.

the figure is a dust tactics 'silent death' steel guard sniper, which i picked up at durham wargames show the saturday before last. they come two to a pack, so i'm thinking what to do with the second one.

Attachments

• Dreadnought1.JPG
    Dreadnought1.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 1,696
  • Dreadnought2.JPG
    Dreadnought2.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 1,696
  • Dreadnought3.JPG
    Dreadnought3.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 1,696

twisted moon

the first of the vehicles for my dark future 28 project; a grenadier street gang buggy doing duty as a renegade. i added the spoiler to allow a rear facing weapon (as per white line fever) and the mesh to the windscreen and front side windows as well as magnetising all the weapon points.
the figure is included for scale but was painted up ages ago.

i'll be using the weapons that come with them as mini-guns, and would welcome suggestions for sources of 28mm scaled versions of all the other possible weapons. i'm also still looking for riders for my motorbikes as per viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9793&start=10 and am now also looking for suggestions for appropriately scaled interceptor proxies.

Attachments

• Renegade1a.JPG
    Renegade1a.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 1,656
  • Renegade1b.JPG
    Renegade1b.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 1,656
  • Renegade1c.JPG
    Renegade1c.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,656

twisted moon

here's the next couple; same deal as before.

Attachments

• Renegade2a.JPG
    Renegade2a.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 1,605
  • Renegade2b.JPG
    Renegade2b.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,605
  • Renegade2c.JPG
    Renegade2c.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,605

twisted moon

the final two, only spoilers added this time, no additional armour.

i don't think i said earlier that these are available from scotia grendel.

Attachments

• Renegade3a.JPG
    Renegade3a.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,591
  • Renegade3b.JPG
    Renegade3b.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,591
  • Renegade3c.JPG
    Renegade3c.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 1,591

twisted moon

i also completed another couple of ttcombat barricades:

Attachments

• Barricades1a.JPG
    Barricades1a.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,591
  • Barricades1b.JPG
    Barricades1b.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 1,591

twisted moon

thanks symphonic.
next up are a couple of antenociti's workshop anomala cars, which i picked up from battlefield berlin when i was last there (the same time as the skeletons i painted for deadcember 2018).

i'll add number plates at a later date when i've consider a format for the caribbean viii sector.

Attachments

• Civilian cars 1a.JPG
    Civilian cars 1a.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,525
  • Civilian cars 1b.JPG
    Civilian cars 1b.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 1,525
  • Civilian cars 1c.JPG
    Civilian cars 1c.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,525

twisted moon

ten plastic flies based for rangers of shadow deep.

if i find i ever need a swarm for wfb i'll put together a 40 x 40 mm multibase with two or three of these on it.

Attachments

• Giant flies.JPG
    Giant flies.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,410

twisted moon

here's some more figures i've painted since january. i haven't posted them before since they are not for me and were part of a project; further details here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23488, if you're interested.

Attachments

• Starport Scum set box ferals.JPG
    Starport Scum set box ferals.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,765
  • Starport Scum set box humans.JPG
    Starport Scum set box humans.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 1,765
  • Starport Scum set box swarm.JPG
    Starport Scum set box swarm.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,765

twisted moon

here's my version of the human civilians from blind beggar; i got just this pack from their kickstarters, but am tempted to pick up the aliens when they're available from their website.

i need to come up with some names for these and add them to the bases. the five non-orange ones are resin bases i picked up from someone on the miniatures page many years ago.

Attachments

• Sci-fi Civilians 1.JPG
    Sci-fi Civilians 1.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 1,708

twisted moon

something small and quick to keep things ticking over.

this came as a bit of ramage with a warmonger miniatures order and will be incorporated into a future forest tile. i added a 20mm diameter mdf base for something to handle during painting.
here is it with the one of the previously painted grendel miniatures pieces which inspired the colour scheme. hopefully the base further integrates them together.

i have a load of smaller, home made, milliput toadstools which will also be painted in the same scheme and integrated into the final terrain tiles.

Attachments

• Toadstool1.JPG
    Toadstool1.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 1,689
  • Toadstool2.JPG
    Toadstool2.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 1,689

twisted moon

twisted moon":2w21wzud said:
i ... would welcome suggestions for sources of 28mm scaled versions of all the other [vehicle] weapons. i'm also still looking for riders for my motorbikes and am now also looking for suggestions for appropriately scaled interceptor proxies.

it looks as though moonraker may have answered my need for bikers; i'd still welcome suggestions for everything else.

twisted moon

another pack of foundry street violence:

i have another three street violence packs, and a desire to pick up a few more. maybe i'll get around to that at vapnartak next year as foundry usually have a stall.

Attachments

• Gazza's Street Boys1.JPG
    Gazza's Street Boys1.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,620
  • Gazza's Street Boys2.JPG
    Gazza's Street Boys2.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,620

twisted moon

i managed another quick piece whilst working on another street violence pack.
a mega miniature chimp doing service as a jokaero.

those who followed my 2017 thread will know i picked these up in 2006 for a scenario i ran at timcon v. at the time there was a paucity of orangatan miniatures (at least at a price i was prepared to pay); here's the most recent in the company of the original two now rebased to fit the setting for my sci-fi gaming.

there are three of each of the three poses in the pack, and i have used one of each as white gorillas for frostgrave. i might see if i can convert the remaining three sufficiently to make them worthy additions to these jokaero. at the moment, it's not obvious to me how i'd do that. any suggestions?

Attachments

• Jokaero1.JPG
    Jokaero1.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 1,542
  • Jokaero2.JPG
    Jokaero2.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,542
  • Jokaero group1.JPG
    Jokaero group1.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,542

twisted moon

here's the next pack of street violence figures completed.

Attachments

• Yossa's Bonehead Skins1.JPG
    Yossa's Bonehead Skins1.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 1,541
  • Yossa's Bonehead Skins2.JPG
    Yossa's Bonehead Skins2.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,541

twisted moon

no, my recentish sci-fi has had skin hair and clothes painted with acrylics then 'dipped' with a brown stain (currently dulux dark walnut woodsheen, which is a bit darker than the b&q own brand rosewood i was using previously and a bit too dark really), then weapons and other gear are painted and black washed.
most of my fantasy gets painted in acrylics and balck washed, with the exception of the elves / sidhe who get an all over dip.

i like the street violence range, i've often considered picking it up, as if i didn't already have more minis than i'm ever going to paint...

Back