twisted moon's 2019

twisted moon

yes, they're a nice range of characterful sculpts well suited to skirmish games. here's the next pack:

it's a shame judd wasn't sculpted with a flamer, but what can you do? https://bit.ly/1itqIdZ

i'm quite pleased with rab's tartan from a tabletop distance, although it proved confirmation that can't paint accurate straight(ish) lines; not sure how it will look in the photo's.

Attachments

• Scabies Punks1.JPG
    Scabies Punks1.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 2,061
  • Scabies Punks2.JPG
    Scabies Punks2.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 2,061

twisted moon

i've also been working on some fantasy scenery. here's a stone circle:

Attachments

• Stone Circle1.JPG
    Stone Circle1.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 2,030
  • Stone Circle2.JPG
    Stone Circle2.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 2,030
  • Stone Circle3.JPG
    Stone Circle3.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 2,030

Outsider

twisted moon":2wipxf7q said:
i've also been working on some fantasy scenery. here's a stone circle:

Very lovely; stone circles are a favourite terrain piece of mine and you've made a nice example of one. I like the choice of smooth, round rocks here, which isn't really something you see in miniature stone circles a lot.

twisted moon

thanks very much.
ten gabions for this update; i'm of the opinion you can't have too many gabions. these are resin from northumbrian painting service and i picked them them up at this year's durham show.

and here's a scale shot:

Attachments

• Gabions1a.JPG
    Gabions1a.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 2,013
  • Gabions1b.JPG
    Gabions1b.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 2,013

twisted moon

another terrain tile. this time a roadside tavern; suitable meeting place for brigands, highwaymen and smugglers, and possible watering hole for passing adventuring parties.
this is part of my project to utilise the warhammer townscape pieces, which have taken a battering over the intervening years, in a sturdier format. the roof of this one had not survived, hence the thatched roof. i forgot to cut a space in the teddy bear fur for a chimney, and so was forced to scratch build the stone chimney breast. i'm really pleased with that oversight since i think the 3d element makes the tavern look much better. the privy is a resin piece from ainsty castings.
the hedge is a couple of britain's farm toys pieces salvaged from my childhood.

Attachments

• Roadside Tavern1.JPG
    Roadside Tavern1.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 1,979
  • Roadside Tavern2.JPG
    Roadside Tavern2.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 1,979
  • Roadside Tavern3.JPG
    Roadside Tavern3.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 1,979

twisted moon

the last of the the street violence packs currently in my possession.

quite an eclectic selection, unlike the others i suspect they'll get mixed and matched with other figures for scenarios more often than used as discrete group of their own.

Attachments

• Mistress Trude's Girls1.JPG
    Mistress Trude's Girls1.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,941
  • Mistress Trude's Girls2.JPG
    Mistress Trude's Girls2.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,941

twisted moon

here's my contribution for orctober (i hope there will be others before the month is out): the goblin king's chariot which is the last machinery of destruction in my possession.

i left king sourgutt detached so he can be deployed sans chariot.

so there you have 1358 points of second edition gobliness.

Attachments

• Goblin King's Chariot1.JPG
    Goblin King's Chariot1.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 1,868
  • Goblin King's Chariot2.JPG
    Goblin King's Chariot2.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 1,868
  • Goblin King.JPG
    Goblin King.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 1,868

twisted moon

here's the second dreadnought proxy, painted to complement my syndicates of organised criminals. useful for breaking into armoured cars and the like.

it's been painted for a while, but i hadn't got around to the name tag. i was waiting until i had most of a full sheet's worth, but then realised that wasn't going to happen anytime soon.

Attachments

• Dreadnought4.JPG
    Dreadnought4.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 1,841
  • Dreadnought5.JPG
    Dreadnought5.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 1,841
  • Dreadnought6.JPG
    Dreadnought6.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,841
i like the keith flint one!

i agree that stone circles are important and i have mentally added one to my to make list.

however, i don't know what a gabion is...

twisted moon

daddyorchips":hy5b49dh said:
i like the keith flint one!

thanks; i'm pleased with how he turned out.

daddyorchips":hy5b49dh said:
i don't know what a gabion is...

basically a basket filled with earth, rubble and/or stones; modern ones tend to be steel cages. more details here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabion

here's my latest for orctober: five plastic orcs.

two from warhammer regiments with head swaps from the kallistra standard bearer and musician i converted last year and three more modern monopose jobs. i think i picked up the latter at a show; i see them on here a lot, but don't know anything about their release. are they from the 'battle for skull pass' set?

Attachments

• Orc Hand Weapons1.JPG
    Orc Hand Weapons1.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,793

twisted moon

another five orcs, all metal this time. three '80's citadel (the tabs say 1987) and two heartbreaker second from each end.

Attachments

• Orc Hand Weapons2.JPG
    Orc Hand Weapons2.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 2,717

symphonicpoet

^That's a fun collection of miniatures you're putting together there. I just picked up some of the street violence range myself. Great stuff. And weird bots are always great. Anyway . . . keep up the fun and good work! :)

twisted moon

thanks, there's going to be a hiatus on the sci-fi for a while as with orctober, the el(e)ven(th) month and deadcember, i don't expect to get any more painted this year, i do need to look at getting some motorbike riders from moonraker, though, and i continue to keep an eye out for good 28mm interceptor proxies as well as sidecar combinatins (wwii ranges should provide), trikes and maybe qaukes (quadbikes; modern ranges should provide) as well as vehicle weapons.
in the meantime, orctober continues and here are another five orcs.

citadel at either end, heartbreaker for the musician and standard, whilst the fella with the telescope is from kallistra.
i've now also added name tags to all the other members of the hand weapon and shield unit painted to date.

Attachments

• Orc Hand Weapons3.JPG
    Orc Hand Weapons3.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 2,692

twisted moon

another five monopose orcs, with some weapon swaps for interest.

Attachments

• Orc Hand Weapons4.JPG
    Orc Hand Weapons4.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 2,671

twisted moon

last five orcs of the season.

from left to right they are plastic warhammer regiments, heartbreaker, north star oathmark (goblin chieftain from the oathmark goblins advance order), the original bloodbowl orc with addition of a warhammer regiments scimitar and oathmark goblin shield, '80's citadel.
i'm not yet sure what i'm going to do with that last fella as i have no other orcs with two-handed morning stars / flails.

Attachments

• Orc Hand Weapons5.JPG
    Orc Hand Weapons5.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 2,598

twisted moon

with the el(e)ven(th) month once again upon us here's my first batch of sidhe / wood elves.

a couple of warmonger nymphs, a citadel wardancer from the first decade of the third millenium and two citadel witch elves from the last decade of the second.
if you fancy painting elves this month, please, post the results in the related painting challenges thread (https://bit.ly/328SEOM).

Attachments

• Sidhe9.JPG
    Sidhe9.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 2,477

twisted moon

another batch of sidhe, all citadel this time. from left to right an '80's dark elf, three '90's witch elves and a '00's wardancer.

Attachments

• Sidhe11.JPG
    Sidhe11.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 2,238

twisted moon

another, and last, batch of warmonger elven nymphs, which concludes the infantry aspect of the warband; at least until i get tempted by any more miniatures.

one more update should see this project complete (although there may be updates on other projects in the meantime).

Attachments

• Sidhe12.JPG
    Sidhe12.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 2,062

twisted moon

i've managed to put the finishing touches (the cctv cameras) to another piece of sci-fi terrain.

the dimensions of the piece are just beyond the capacity of my light box.

Attachments

• Flats1.JPG
    Flats1.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 1,938
  • Flats2.JPG
    Flats2.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 1,938
  • Flats4.JPG
    Flats4.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 1,938
Back