Rogue Trader Whirlwind

WARDUKE

After all these years, finally getting around to putting one of these together.

Finished Model:

0yVPlO2.jpg

Work in Progress Shots:

vBRSlp1.jpg

UgaFXlf.jpg

portman

Re: Rogue Trader Whirwind

Very cool - I really like that missile launcher design. Is that scratch built or is it a kit?

WARDUKE

Thanks.

It's a build following directions in White Dwarf #117 (September 1989).

It just uses parts from a single Rhino, a 40mm square base, and some plasticard. The only change I made from the template was to add corner pieces to help clean up some of the lines.

portman

WARDUKE":25fl6rwa said:
Thanks.

It's a build following directions in White Dwarf #117 (September 1989).

It just uses parts from a single Rhino, a 40mm square base, and some plasticard. The only change I made from the template was to add corner pieces to help clean up some of the lines.

Very cool - I some ways I prefer that to the standard kit from GW.

JonAtron

YES! About time we got some more 40k around here! Nice work, clean. I like it. I hope you don't just mic drop this here and disappear! Show me more.

inchmurrin

Neat work and very effective. My son and I built 2 of these back then, they caused havoc in battle.

WARDUKE

Thanks all.

Still trying to figure out what chapter to go with for my Rogue Trader Space Marines. Once I do, I will try and keep posting
pics all the way through.

They are mostly primed white at this point. Leaning towards Mantis Warriors, as I figured out a really effective way
to paint them while doing some test models for current-era 40k.

Love it! Looking forward to seeing the paint job!

Makes me want to break into my pile, following two years of house demolition/ extension/ decoration which finally is approaching the beginning of the end...

Back