Getting back into it - 1st ed. SH Terminators and things.

portman

Hi Guys,

So I’ve been lurking for a while since joining the forum, but I thought it was about time I posted up some of the stuff I’ve been working on - don’t hold your breath for any works of greatness thought as I haven’t painted a miniature in nearly 20 years (I’m selling it aren’t I).

I’m mainly working on the figures for my 1st edition Space Hulk – I was planning on doing them as Ultramarines but I thought Blood Angels were more fitting.
Here’s where I am so far. I did try and keep the antenna thingy’s but in the end I chopped them off because I hated them. These have come out a lot darker than I intended (I was aiming to copy the box art) and perhaps I over did the wash, but actually I’m rather keen on the beaten up look. I’ve started to drybrush the Sergeant and I’ve yet to wash the Flamer marine as I’ve not finished painting the flamer.

DSCN5974.jpg

DSCN5976.jpg

I’ve also started working on these 2nd edition Terminators, and I think the bulk of my models to begin with will be Ultramarines – including the Dreadnought.

DSCN5979.jpg

DSCN5977.jpg

I’ve also been working on saving this Librarian from the Genestealer expansion pack. It was really badly painted (even by my low standards) and the Storm Bolter was damaged. For a laugh and for something different I gave him a Plasma pistol.

DSCN5978.jpg

And finally here’s a shot of what I’ve acquired over the last few months (apologies for the blurred picture) – along with a good few books and ‘eavy metal guides etc. I actually have all of the 1st edition space hulk stuff I can find now, including both expansions and the campaign book – I just need to get playing. The 2nd edition 40K was a real blast from the past when I started reading the rule book over the weekend.

DSCN5982.jpg

Anyway – thanks for reading this far.

Cheers!

JonAtron

Re: Getting back into it...

Nice to see you posting your stuff man and getting back into the painting. Out of curiosity are you painting them miniatures with Dylon fabric paint? :grin: Brave to go right on in with hazard stripes, they are my nemesis!
Look at those box sets mm mm, memories.

portman

Re: Getting back into it...

Thanks!

Lol! No the fabric paints for some work I do on my wife's T-shirts... Could always try it on the models though!

I love looking through these old box sets - so many memories.

Re: Getting back into it - 1st ed. SH Terminators and things

great work on those early terminators, they're a bugger to paint well.

portman

daddyorchips":1so2rp9v said:
great work on those early terminators, they're a bugger to paint well.

Thanks! (and sorry for the late response - I want to get more involved with this form but have not had the chance yet).

I've actually just finished this first squad - not easy I agree but great fun. I'm just waiting to get some decent light so I can take some pictures.

portman

Hey Guys,

So this is the first full squad I've painted since 1998 - A group of 1st edition Space Hulk Blood Angel's Terminators. I was going to paint them up as Ultramarines but decided to go with the 1st edition cover style.

I'll be looking to improve on these so any comments welcome!

DSCN6078.jpg

DSCN6079.jpg

DSCN6080.jpg

DSCN6081.jpg

DSCN6084.jpg

My 'plan' is to have paint all the Termies from the 1st ed. like this, and the ones from the Deathwing box too - but to represent the new characters and weapons mentioned in Deathwing - so a Captain, Assult Cannon and Chain fist conversions will be coming. I'd also like to add a squad of power armor Marines and maybe a Space Crusade Dreadnought to complete the army.

Cheers!

JonAtron

Always good to see 40k on here :) Good start back into the hobby. Look forward to seeing more.

portman

JonAtron":3ddwff2z said:
Always good to see 40k on here :) Good start back into the hobby. Look forward to seeing more.

Thanks Jon!

I love these old 1st edition Terminators and their clunky styling.

Back