Slaves to Darkness Inside and Outside the Citadel

Show us what you are working on at the moment

Moderator: Moderators

Post Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:56 pm

Re: Slaves to Darkness Inside and Outside the Citadel

Managed to ge a fair bit done today; it's starting to come together.

Post Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:12 pm

Coming into the final steps; I've mucked up the marauders a bit but they look tabletop worthy so I'll leave them be for now. Got a few details to add and two Chaos warriors to highlight.

Pics of the finished Champion and Swivel Gun crew. Not the most original colour scheme, but could i paint the 'Evil Warrior' any other way?

Post Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:17 pm

Stage one of the army is nearly complete; first time I've freehanded shields; I need to tidy up the checkered one and do the edges/back, but I'm really happy with the other one.

I've picked up some more Chaos Dwarves, but this right now is looking good; just need to finish the bases, decide what to paint on the shield and varnish. And of course, try and paint the banner.

Post Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:46 pm

Loving that red. Its got pop and luster against the darker colours. Eye catching.

Post Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:49 pm

Time to paint my first freehand banner; went for a nice simple pattern and edited it in to see how it'd look.

And here's what I managed to accomplish! Um... close enough?

Needs some clean up and fixing, especially a few things I only noticed when I took the photos, but it'll do for now. Thank heaven chaos is generally known for being a bit more dingy and dirty than other factions! I also trimmed down the banner pole as it was a bit too high as I originally had it.

Last edited by Outsider on Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:52 pm

JonAtron wrote:Loving that red. Its got pop and luster against the darker colours. Eye catching.

Thanks. Red's a classic 'chaos' colour so i had to include it somehwere especially as I wanted a more general Chaos army and not one dedicated to a specific god. I also wanted something to help tie the whole army together and a bit of red in every unit helps to accomplish that. It also, as you say really pops against the darker shades that make up most of the army.

Post Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:29 pm

The banner design is great!

Post Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:29 pm

ardyer wrote:The banner design is great!

Good to see it's pleasing; going to do some more work on it in a bit. Looking at Orlygg's tutorials, a bit of white weathering can help, plus a bit more tidying up needed.

Post Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:36 pm

I know I should base these models before doing this but what's the point of toys if you can't play with them?

"So where in the God's name are your men, you stunted bastard?!" Helmuth Hexenhammer snarled over to the dwarves, busy inspecting the squat, ugly piece. The dwarf lifted his head, glaring at the twisted face of the warband's leader. "Told you, they said they'd be back at 8th watch, look at the sun, manling, it's not yet seventh." He grumbled back, used to the insults of the champion, thoughts of powder placed just right under sleeping rolls and bad fates for wordy humans who did not know their place, filling his mind as he swiveled his gun, oiling the joint.

Waiting in front of them, the men of Hexenhammer's retinue waited, the unfurled banner rustling int he wind, a soft clanking and murmuring rising from the body of men, held at ready for the last hour or so, and growing restless. "It can't be that far to Orfington, boss." Smitt grumbled, cleaning the fouling from his touch hole, his waxy, pale face becoming more sickly each day. "if that prophet wants us to burn the town, we should just head there now. Before those mutants get rowdy; what the hell are they doing in the woods anyway?"

Hexenhammer spat; "Ever since the Shaman left, they've been spooked; the roads offend them. They can find some solace in the trees at least." Smitt looked dully at the grunting, beastial shaped cavoriting in the woods, and spat into the touchhole. "Well, if they can hold themselves from eating and murdering more of the men for a few more days, they'll serve good as arrow fodder..." A burly hand suddenly grabbed Smiit's colour, lifting the man up off his feet. "You swore the same oaths I did, Smitt; don't forget the beastmen are chosen of our new Gods." he growled. "Khorne's teeth, boss..." Smitt whimpered, the name of one of his new gods burning his tongue as he spoke them, as well as his soul, each time he spat the blasphemous words.

"I was just joking..." Hexenhammer glowered at him, dropping him back onto his feet. "Don't joke in earshot of the children, or I'll throw you to them. Now where in the name of the Gods is that damn sorceror?! This raid is going to hell and we've just set out!" snarled the commander, as he peered into the distance, hoping to catch a sight of the missing dwarven contingent.

Alright, fun over. Back onto the painting part of my desk with them.

Post Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:44 pm

that's a good lookin' army!
PreviousNext

Return to WIP