Slaves to Darkness Inside and Outside the Citadel

Outsider

daddyorchips":11j1qmhq said:
that's a good lookin' army!

Thanks; not finished yet though!

So basing is still something I'm dragging my heels over, but with the arrival of some Ewal Dwergar, its' time to start cracking on the Chaos Dwarves proper.

IMG_20181111_122759722.jpg

Outsider

Well, the Chaos Dwarves have remained unpainted, though they have been cleaned up, and such. Ah, plans.

I have however finally managed to get the rest of the army based up. It's always interesting to me at least how a coherent basing structure can help blend an army together.

IMG_20190321_173448573.jpg

8chMk0p.jpg

I also realised how my barren fields make actually half decent army trays. Convenient!

Now, these aren't 'complete'. I want to add more shields and a command group to the beastmen, there's little details here and there that need doing and that red shield is screaming for some freehand, but it's tabletop ready finally.

symphonicpoet

^It's al;so interesting to see how much variation you can get away with in your basing while still having miniatures feel like they belong together. A good base does make a miniature feel that much more "done." Anyway . . . lovely stuff! :)

Outsider

symphonicpoet":segf36f7 said:
^It's al;so interesting to see how much variation you can get away with in your basing while still having miniatures feel like they belong together. A good base does make a miniature feel that much more "done." Anyway . . . lovely stuff! :)

Oh definitely. I was just a bit concerned because the beastmen seemed a bit wild and not really fitting into the army without it (of course the shields will help, but still), but looking at them all based up, they now look fine to me.

Micha

Really nice warband; while there is room for improvement painting-wise the overall impression is exellent; the swivel gun crew is my favorite part. Very ncie basing.

Back