Minotaur Warband - Can I finish it by next year?

Show us what you are working on at the moment

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:38 pm

Re: Minotaur Warband - Can I finish it by next year?

I'm liking the minotaur head that is already juuust about on his shoulders. Looks angry and gruff!

Post Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:45 pm

Thanks for the kind comments. Yes I think the grey mino is really grumpy about something, but they are Khorne followers so mad grumpiness is a given!

Post Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:25 am

Latest recruits to the warband a recently joined group of beastmen led by one of the warbands existing members a bull headed beastman. These are a mix of Khorne specific and general types. I'd like to use more bull headed types but they are in short supply and I don't have any damaged ones to convert at the moment. The palette is based on the one from the WD 124 Heavy Metal adjusted to take account my available paints and washes. You'll notice the beastmen have a stone on their bases like the rest of my figures while the bull head has a skull, I've decided to differentiate this warband by using skulls on the base as I've done on the bull headed one. the exception to this will be where the mini actually has a skull on their head like the skellies.

Comments criticism and suggestions for bull headed beastmen encouraged. On to another minotaur next.

Post Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:21 am

Significant progress on the warband. In quick succession I managed to buy a skull headed minotaur lord and Diehard's undead minotaur and centaur. Strictly speaking the centaur should be a live one based on the rolls but I've decided to take Curtis advice and play up the undead/skull theme. So here they are.

The warband champion a Sir Loin Foulbreath with skull head, his paint job owes a lot to Mr Saturday to whom thanks.

The skeletal champion, a minotaur of course, Diehards Grom Durr.

Skeletal centaur also by Tim Prow at Diehard

Comments and criticism encouraged.

Post Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:43 pm

Re: Minotaur Warband - Last minotaur

This is the last of the three minotaurs I need for my warband. I'm surprised at how quickly I manage to complete the project it really held my interest especially when I introduced the emphasis on the undead part, I'll look out for more undead minotaurs and beastmen to replace those currently recruited.

I'll do a group shot over the weekend and as always comments and critique welcomed.

Post Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:43 pm

i like it, there are some great minis there.

Post Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:17 pm

The traditional complete warband photos without the traditional human behind them. Last minotaur added after a bit of repainting following being told off by JB for leaving metal showing on the Facebook group. I'm glad I went down the undead route it was much more interesting I think. As always comments and criticism invited - and yes I know I need to get a proper background for my photos.

Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:25 am

That's a lot of beef you got there! :D I would say yes, you'll have that thing finished before the year is out. Great project and a neat selection of toys. Looks like fun, horn to hoof.

Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:44 pm

Thanks it may well expand and the skeletal centaur could provide some bones for soup?

Post Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:20 pm

Looking great! I'd missed the big hammer on the mino lord, really makes him look even more aggressive and dangerous!
PreviousNext

Return to WIP