Golgfag1's preparation for BOYL 2019

Show us what you are working on at the moment

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue May 21, 2019 9:34 am

Re: Golgfag1's preparation for BOYL 2019

Sleepysod wrote:How are the samurai doing? Will they make an appearance at BOYL?

Progressing slowly, could put in a small showing, but not really got anything planned for them, though a small contingent in the dungeon crawl might prove interesting! But I was think more Vikings :D

Paul / Golgfag1
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://golgfags.blogspot.co.uk/

Post Tue May 28, 2019 7:21 pm

As previously stated the latest batch Of Lizardmen Coldone riders has progressed more slowly than the last two due to the running repairs to replace broken spears, swords and re-pinning broken limbs etc. so, here's a progress shot of the painted mounts and the riders with my initial daubing of paint :lol: these will act a standard bearers, hopefully all should be completed by the weekend, when I'll start the Troglodytes.

Enjoy

Paul/Golgfag1
last batch.jpg
last batch.jpg (394.96 KiB) Viewed 487 times

last batch 1.jpg
last batch 1.jpg (488.29 KiB) Viewed 487 times

Post Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:03 am

Looking good! I like the rhythm of the different colors to the mounts. Good distribution. Should look neat on a table. :)

Post Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:49 pm

symphonicpoet wrote:Looking good! I like the rhythm of the different colors to the mounts. Good distribution. Should look neat on a table. :)

Thanks for the kind comments, here's their latest progress, just received their first coat of varnish, if I get the chance over the weekend I'll take some unit shots, to give some impression of how they look altogether. In third edition these weight in at around fifty points a piece, but with their stench and causing fear their opponents suffer at least a minus two to hit in combat, in addition to the multiple attacks from the mount, if, you can get them to charge their hard to beat - especially as their also immune to psychology! 8-)

banners1.jpg
banners1.jpg (449.43 KiB) Viewed 426 times

banners2.jpg
banners2.jpg (386.24 KiB) Viewed 426 times

I've also slapped a bit of paint on a snake, which I intend to use as a simple jungle beasty, whilst I was waiting for the paint to dry on the troglodytes, who should be finished by the end of this weekend :D
2H snake.jpg
2H snake.jpg (349.57 KiB) Viewed 426 times

2H snake1.jpg
2H snake1.jpg (353.3 KiB) Viewed 426 times

Enjoy

Paul/Golgfag1

Post Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:02 am

^Oh, that snake is way cool! :D

Post Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:03 am

Ugh, that snake makes me feel all nauseous and shuddery... which is a tribute to the painting! I don't do well around snakes... Keep up the good work Paul.

Post Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:29 am

Thanks chaps,

The snakes caught my eye last year at Salute, but I held-off the temptation of the spontaneous purchase then, but not this year - so now have two packets, each containing two models - one with wings and the two headed version you see here, (the winged version is a complete *%^£$%" to assemble) their now sat at the side of my table waiting for those opportunities where you have a natural break in whatever you're doing to have a little paint applied occasionally.

Enjoy

Paul/Golgfag1

Post Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:45 pm

OK, here's the progress on the troglodytes so far this weekend, fairly mono-paint job as they'll be mixed in with a fairly colourful set of figures I've already painted.

20190607_183044.jpg
20190607_183044.jpg (358.3 KiB) Viewed 391 times

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Post Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:27 am

Those cold ones are great, fantastic colours. But then the troglodytes are also great - sad loss when these all left the Warhammer world. Kroxigors just aren't the same

Post Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:41 am

Sleepysod wrote:Those cold ones are great, fantastic colours. But then the troglodytes are also great - sad loss when these all left the Warhammer world. Kroxigors just aren't the same

Ah, Kroxigors, a different time and thus a different beast, to add a bit of bite to otherwise pitiful skinks - they play their part well, but they nothing as models go. Where as these Tom Meier Troglodytes have bags of character, looking as though they'll actually do some serious damage, to whatever their go to attack.

Got to say between these, the Lizardmen and the coldone riders I'm really enjoying painting them in all their forms, which hopefully results in - a reasonable stand-alone Lizardman army ready for BOYL,who needs Slann! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

PreviousNext

Return to WIP