Golgfag1's preparation for BOYL 2019

Show us what you are working on at the moment

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:28 pm

Golgfag1's preparation for BOYL 2019

Or should I say I'm looking for something to do :( As I have to say following an enjoyable BOYL2018 - I didn't come away with any idea's of what to do for next year, I could continue with the Amazons or re-start/continue painting my Slann & Lizardmen for a re-match of the Rigg's Shrine game. But, my current preferred option is to add to my crew from the Warhammer ahoy game we did for 2015 to give me a Samurai army - any body willing to give em a game or a campaign they can join-in?

In hope

Paul/Golgfag1

Pictures of the crew
crew 4.JPG
crew 4.JPG (85.68 KiB) Viewed 2239 times

crew 5.JPG
crew 5.JPG (84.59 KiB) Viewed 2239 times

crew 6.JPG
crew 6.JPG (79.85 KiB) Viewed 2239 times

last prep for BOYL 2015.JPG
last prep for BOYL 2015.JPG (103.13 KiB) Viewed 2239 times
How can I ever have enough stuff, I don't need.

https://golgfags.blogspot.co.uk/

Post Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:31 pm

Re: Golgfag1's preparation for BOYL 2019

And we thought you'd have newly painted miniatures up ready for next year's BOYL by now ;) :lol:

I've no idea what I'll be up to other than some plans for Warmaster and bringing the Shrine down for some Dungeon crawling so I'm hedging my bets a little for now. However, if you've no takers I do have a Hobgoblin army that's only ever had one outing that could possibly take to the field - perhaps on the Sunday afternoon?

Post Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:51 pm

Thantsants wrote:And we thought you'd have newly painted miniatures up ready for next year's BOYL by now ;) :lol:

I've no idea what I'll be up to other than some plans for Warmaster and bringing the Shrine down for some Dungeon crawling so I'm hedging my bets a little for now. However, if you've no takers I do have a Hobgoblin army that's only ever had one outing that could possibly take to the field - perhaps on the Sunday afternoon?

Your on sir, tally your point's and rules?

Paul/Golgfag1

Any other takers?

Post Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:27 am

Well you know me - 2nd or 3rd but I'm happy with whatever!

I'd imagine it's somewhere at the 2000 point mark - couple of units of Hobgoblin warriors/Mourngul Renegades, War altar, baggage train, a smattering of archers, couple of rocket launchers, a few Bugbears, Hobhound pack, Ogres and Goblin wolfboyz. I'll dig them out and check next time I'm up in the loft...

Post Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:00 am

Looks as though you're the one that already has next year in hand. :lol: Happy to run with either, points wise shouldn't be a problem and a nice friendly game on a Sunday afternoon after the excesses of the night before sounds cool. 8-) 8-) 8-)
Anybody else?
Paul/Golgfag1

Post Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:41 am

Thantsants wrote: bringing the Shrine down for some Dungeon crawling

We were talking about doing something dungeony next year, perhaps the shrine could form the basis? Harry and I have gazillions of dungeon terrain pieces to pack it out with. Well, actually Harry has gazillions, I only have a few hundred. ;)

Post Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:19 pm

Fimm McCool wrote:
Thantsants wrote: bringing the Shrine down for some Dungeon crawling

We were talking about doing something dungeony next year, perhaps the shrine could form the basis? Harry and I have gazillions of dungeon terrain pieces to pack it out with. Well, actually Harry has gazillions, I only have a few hundred. ;)

Well, if we've not got enough amazons to populate the shrine's crypt after this year's BOYL. :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm sure I'll be able to apply a bit of paint to a few more acolytes 8-) as well as the samurai :D and next year, I may get to use a few of them myself 8-) 8-) 8-)

Paul/Golgfag1

Post Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:26 am

Steve,

A brief look over the lists for either edition - makes the Nippon army a fairly minor feature on a war games table with only six figures taking to best part of three hundred points - which already gives me the best part of a thousand points with what I already have painted! So, we'd better say three thousand points to give me something to paint, OK?

Paul/Golgfag1

Post Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:33 pm

3000 points sounds good - I'm sure I can make the numbers up with some allies... :mrgreen:

Well up for a Dungeon Crawl with the Shrine at some point over the weekend - definitely want to use the material in the Rigg's Shrine scenario more. Max of 7 models, night raid and rooms populated as per the scenario would be great! Looks like Friday is mine and Warlord Paul's big finale to our Trolltooth project so I guess some time on Saturday would be good - got to squeeze some Warmaster in somewhere though... :shock:

Post Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:37 pm

OK, first batch in progress, applied basic colours, will apply the details over the course of the weekend, between various jobs around the house etc.

batch 1.jpg
batch 1.jpg (523.08 KiB) Viewed 1943 times

Here's the matching figure I painted as part of my crew for the warhammer ahoy game, we played a few years ago. The intention is to have these has warrior monks in a much larger army as I've twenty four of them, but for now they'll play the part Ashigaru wielding two handed heavy cutting weapons.

batch 1 sample.jpg
batch 1 sample.jpg (327.7 KiB) Viewed 1943 times

Paul/Golgfag1

Next

Return to WIP