I see a dark sail....

Here's a ship I made a while back, but am just starting to paint the crew to go therein. I'll be using mainly Citadel and Asgard dwarves.
HPIM5064.JPG

full explanation of my madness here
http://broadswordsandbeasts.blogspot.com/2012/12/i-see-dark-sail-on-horizon_20.html

broadsword2.jpg

HPIM5065.JPG

HPIM5066.JPG

HPIM5068.JPG

HPIM5069.JPG

HPIM5070.JPG

HPIM5071.JPG

Thanks chaps, it was a project I had brewing for many decades.

Fimm McCool":3osag4ur said:
Did you paint those sails freehand? And sculpt the prow and tail? That's looking really beautiful.

The moon, sun and squashed King Crimson I did freehand, the Beastie I photocopied, laminated and then painted the detail over.

The tail is from a Citadel dragon, and the figurehead is a Papo toy dragons head with milliput extras, to make it look more McCaig-ish.

Here's a WIP of crew for the ship.... what looked ok to my naked eye doesn't look so good on the screen, but heigh ho. I am thinking of changing back to a white undercoat in the future.

crimson%2Bwars%2Bwip%2B4.jpg

crimson%2Bwars%2Bwip%2B3.jpg

Is anyone's workbench as messy as this?
crimson%2Bwars%2Bwip%2B2.jpg

Revamping my Dwarves of the Pewter Moon army....
crimson%2Bwars%2Bwip%2B1.jpg

jon_1066

"You're gonna need a bigger boat."

If your minis look good enough to the naked eye then don't sweat it. Photos always show up bits you never see in real life.

I prefer a grey undercoat these days - I find white too hard to see the detail and black makes figures a bit "murky".

Back