So many monsters!

Plaiecivile

So here is my new challenge, putting together a swarm of harpies and unallied flying demons.
The names and background will come as the project goes foward and others will be added. :grin:

Obscure Creator":g8hxj1ag said:
What's the big guy ?

C28 Death Demon

cj85ap25bc28giantdemons-01.jpg

Plaiecivile

I have been sooooooo lazy on painting these past weeks, so for now, only some more naked lead that finally sees day light!
First on the left, TA1 - A-Angor Demon King from the Arcane Monstrosities.
If anyone as any reference to give me for books or articles concerning this guy and its fluff, please share the info. :grin:
It is so massive (and badass), I will realy take my time on this one, especially considering the price it is traded these days!
I also prepared my C29 Winged Fire Demon.

And also a little Lord of Change, with mid flying rocks for the basing.

Plaiecivile

In the past 2 years I have discovered, thanks to this forum, the Grenadier line of dragons... my wallet still hurts!
So here is my first take to this range, starting with 2520 - Wyvern Dragon.
I have been searching quite a while for a proper replacement of the original rider, wich I realy dislike by the way he is equiped and his position.

So now that I received this little bretonian horse rider from Blue in VT, I was ready totrim and pin.
I will have a bit of gap filling since the wings were slightly shifted for a better position... and obviously the new rider is not exactly fit for the job.
As for the original paint, the previous owner used a pretty rough oil based enamel, wich left a tint more than an actual thickness of paint.
I love this dynamic beast!

Golgfag1

Have to say I also changed the rider as the original is fairly pants in my opinion, but I used Sir Pelethor from the Gaik Attack box set, fits quite nicely without too much hassle as I recall. My plan was the use the models as part of an illusionist spell, see one get the other! Will have to dig them out of the attic sometime. :lol:

Give it a try, I hope you'll be pleased as I was with the result. :grin:

Paul / Golgfag1

Plaiecivile

Finaly some material worth sharing!
I picture this bretonnian knight as a prolefic fighter who has traded good reputation for more darker ways of fighting the forces of chaos.
The kind of leader who would consider fighting beside a vampire count to send back filthy hordes of beastmen where they belong.
At some point I would like to see him as some Malal follower, ready to destroy the invading chaos forces at any cost.

Anyway, I plan on painting the rider mostly black, with grayish white details and his crown as if it was made from the ivory of some great beast.
As for the wivern, I'll try a fade of goblin green to balor brown/yellow (I want to get somehow not to far from the box cover), with an intense contrast between the scales to match the contrast on the rider.
The belly will be more fleshy, paler, as the back scales, wings and claws will be a lot darker, almost black... Hope it comes out good!

Oh and I almost forgot about the base ;)
I want dark waters, and will try to sculp some eels entangled togheter for a more creepy atmosphere.
So I'm asking you guys on this one, should I raise up the sides of the base to add my resine water or should I use plastic cards and have the water side translucid?
Since I will be adding layers of paint between the layers of resin, Im afraid having the side translucid will show the layers and break the illusion of dept.

urion

If it were me I would use the plasicard, but rather than add the paint to the layers I would wait till the resin was done and do a wash on the sides and top of the resin. I would do it a side at a time so that it wouldn't run.

Plaiecivile

My 2016 Summer was all about camping, not much painting. Plus my actual project is all 9th age stuff with recent models... But still here is a little Nurgle Beast I am quite proud of :grin:

symphonicpoet

Oh, very nice! I love the little dragon. And it's neat to see the stuff I missed a couple of years back like that lovely beast of nurgle or the knight on the wyvern. :) Very lovely stuff!

Plaiecivile

So right now I am desining a Weaving Watcher.
Its a banner for the the Tzeetch demon army and should be a living cloth weilded by an horror.
The representation of the Eye of Tzeentch, attacking from a distance only by gazing to the ennemy.
I will make it a huge eye merged into an horror... and in the process try not to have it look like Bob Razowski from Monsters Inc. So far, here is the crude concept!

LJeWVdgMbbydy-tekfNoBTAhKyLa7Yop20QZPWcPkWFUazY4Pag7gw57PhmVaYPvI97lKzZLAA3txW1CJMbHMgN5xb_xQ6Xquo63gevKtbiNqDO5RLpVx_S1IbEccKyE2I09S7-sVQ=w700

Back