Orjetax’s Star Messiah/ Star Bastard Project Log

Show us what you are working on at the moment

Moderator: Moderators

Post Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:21 pm

Re: Orjetax’s Star Messiah/ Star Bastard Project Log

Sleepysod wrote:Wow these are great. The guy on the right is from talisman timescape, who is the mini on the left?

Thanks very much! The model on the left is a 40k model from - I think - third edition. An inquisition/daemonhunters model if I am remembering right. A later period than I’m usually interested in, but such a good and unique model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:24 pm

inchmurrin wrote:Great work I like your mix of periods in the minis but retaining a consistent look.

Much appreciated, the mixing of ranges here (40k, WFB, and some other manufacturers) has been one of my favorite parts of this project so I’m glad to see it “works.”

I am constantly learning about models I wasn’t familiar with that “fit” what I’m going for (for example, just saw the skaven warlord with jezzail, from third or fourth edition WFB that would fit in well enough with my beastmen on the thread a couple posts ago).

Post Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:57 am

Donator
Donator

Post Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:37 am

^Absolutely gorgeous! I I forget if you said elsewhere, but they look like part of a team. Will they indeed be joining forces?

Post Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:50 pm

symphonicpoet wrote:^Absolutely gorgeous! I I forget if you said elsewhere, but they look like part of a team. Will they indeed be joining forces?

Thank you and yes!

Anything on this thread, I have painted with a mind towards playing on the table together.

So this “space zealot” army I have played twice now - both games of second edition, once “as chaos cult” and once “as genestealer cult with chaos allies.”

Donator
Donator

Post Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:09 am

^Flexibility! Grand game, that. Get to play your toys more often if they can change sides easily. :)

Post Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:31 pm

I think the biggest compliment I can give you is I'm not a fan of sci-fi in general but always look forward to your updates and its all down to your painting skills, there's a grittiness to them that I really like.

Post Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:29 pm

dazza36 wrote:I think the biggest compliment I can give you is I'm not a fan of sci-fi in general but always look forward to your updates and its all down to your painting skills, there's a grittiness to them that I really like.

That is high praise indeed! Thank you very much. I do like to embrace a grittier style and it really does seem to suit the models I’ve selected for this project, too!

Previous

Return to WIP