Orjetax’s Star Messiah/ Star Bastard Project Log

Orjetax

Tubehead":q8j8e8ve said:
Man, all the figs on this thread are just amazing. Well done!

Thanks very much! It’s been a great project to paint towards. The variety of models involved has kept it feeling always fresh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orjetax

With the addition of a thunder warrior, here’s an updates photo of the rogue trader crew!

1b8be89dda5e6c43d938bff1f33ef099.jpg

409d6e4e416e64aceff9435d51e6b651.jpg

33b9b0ebc2679c879263f935aee8553a.jpg

Orjetax

symphonicpoet":2b8b2wti said:
^I love the genestealer cult, and the mix of classic and new metal in the red rogues is fantastic! Love it!

Thanks!

The fun thing about these rogues is I keep discovering models that I realize would fit in perfectly — like this thunder warrior.

Something with a sense of that high/low tech mashup.

Orjetax

Another finished unit of beastmen, using an eclectic selection of models - one from Mordheim, one from rogue trader, and three of the same WFB model. I’d like to figure out some other suitable beastmen to use, but in the absence of that, this unit is “done.”
c0e1a2d5557d9a7f7276b982cfd51162.jpg

a18312060db894bc1ce8ed0ccbd3f6e0.jpg

c2e96f2ce71efa4b442d26c35807be46.jpg

Orjetax

Sleepysod":1vq19trj said:
Wow these are great. The guy on the right is from talisman timescape, who is the mini on the left?

Thanks very much! The model on the left is a 40k model from - I think - third edition. An inquisition/daemonhunters model if I am remembering right. A later period than I’m usually interested in, but such a good and unique model.

Orjetax

inchmurrin":2371ushl said:
Great work I like your mix of periods in the minis but retaining a consistent look.

Much appreciated, the mixing of ranges here (40k, WFB, and some other manufacturers) has been one of my favorite parts of this project so I’m glad to see it “works.”

I am constantly learning about models I wasn’t familiar with that “fit” what I’m going for (for example, just saw the skaven warlord with jezzail, from third or fourth edition WFB that would fit in well enough with my beastmen on the thread a couple posts ago).

symphonicpoet

^Absolutely gorgeous! I I forget if you said elsewhere, but they look like part of a team. Will they indeed be joining forces?

Orjetax

symphonicpoet":1frjorzk said:
^Absolutely gorgeous! I I forget if you said elsewhere, but they look like part of a team. Will they indeed be joining forces?

Thank you and yes!

Anything on this thread, I have painted with a mind towards playing on the table together.

So this “space zealot” army I have played twice now - both games of second edition, once “as chaos cult” and once “as genestealer cult with chaos allies.”

dazza36

I think the biggest compliment I can give you is I'm not a fan of sci-fi in general but always look forward to your updates and its all down to your painting skills, there's a grittiness to them that I really like.

Orjetax

dazza36":8qw4gr9q said:
I think the biggest compliment I can give you is I'm not a fan of sci-fi in general but always look forward to your updates and its all down to your painting skills, there's a grittiness to them that I really like.

That is high praise indeed! Thank you very much. I do like to embrace a grittier style and it really does seem to suit the models I’ve selected for this project, too!

Back