Orjetax’s Star Messiah/ Star Bastard Project Log

Orjetax

Thank you both!

SP - I am now turning to the Olley LE Captain Ulfar/ spice Viking. It might wind up being my new “Star Bastard/Star Messiah.” I looked at your blog where you painted the model to get some creative inspiration.

mr p - a great model from his psychic mutant scrunts. A range Olley sold away, and unfortunately the buyer has done nothing with it. So hard to find.

After the space Viking, I’ve got a piece of terrain to finish, and then it’s time to complete the beastmen unit. I’ve sort of put that on the back burner because I don’t love converting and I’ll need to hack up one of the beastmen to have more 40k appropriate gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

symphonicpoet

The scrunts were a very nice range. I'm glad to have found a few on the bay at reasonable prices, but never the psychic mutants. (I do have a bunch of the exo-armor ones, though. Sitting in the cue.) I hope you have more and paint them up pronto! :)

Orjetax

I think I like this Bolt thrower space Viking/Captain Ulfar as my new rogue trader.
8fc8f35da7dfa79d0ed8ee5a042e27f5.jpg

16ddeac01b701e9b697d76af7f769bcb.jpg

57ae76febb39c4a69f8c55f28f6aca61.jpg

Orjetax

Sleepysod":1vs0pf3l said:
Nice. Cawdor heavy? Also really like that 'Bolt thrower space Viking/Captain Ulfar'

Cawdor heavy stubber.

Thanks, the space Viking is a great model. Shame there aren’t more around.

Orjetax

bfd395c8f83a8e5f0baecd40ec1ed852.jpg

I’ve finished another unit.

These are necromunda Cawdor and Redemptionists primarily. Also the Emporium of Rogue Dreams miniature “Max” and a couple Uscarl hybrids.

Orjetax

Ketil Trout":3fnexdkb said:
Lovely painting all round, but the Olley beastmen are my favourites. Great work

Thanks Ketil, they are my favorite too.

I think the best choice I made was using the old bronze flesh, lightened with white for highlights. Helps them pop.

I wish I had more of the ones with spears, they seem hard to find.

Orjetax

I’ve added some genestealers, to enable me to play the Cult of the Star Messiah as per a genestealer cult list in second edition.

Used contrast paints for the first time, and I’m very happy with how quickly they enabled me to achieve a good result. Magos purple is a great color.

f1a3da32ff4b7979b462dc46ee125e51.jpg

4f07e3e819f79584d95cd93eea07e524.jpg

33742403fe90f1e6ef31e25b1a8c7096.jpg

Back