Orjetax’s Star Messiah/ Star Bastard Project Log

Orjetax

[A carefully copied page from an illuminated manuscript]

In the darkest hour of the night, on the third day of the Month of the Tides, in the year 4207 of Man’s Reckoning, the Star Messiah revealed himself.

a26b43029244d17ee2e59d145ae658bd.jpg

His chariot of starmetal and flames rent the heavens and made the night as bright as morning. The skies boomed with the great crash of heaven’s drum; and when the Great Chariot touched earth it tore great furrows and threw high clouds of dust and ash.

The Star Messiah stood before all of the people of the earth. His divinity was manifest. He swept away the old gods - for who could deny the truth of The One who appeared to us like a comet? Whose limbs were made of living starmetal? Who stood flanked by archangels clad in great suits of armor that loved as easily as flesh?

To the Star Messiah alone belonged all divine and temporal authority. He gathered the peoples of all nations unto him. The people of Avenelia renounced their faithless ways and took up mortification of the flesh. The savage manbeasts of Thur’g’arkuk did abandon their barbarism and knelt in fealty.

afe94280a3f62c9cf1cc7601d386f868.jpg

Even the great beast, the fruminous bandersnatch, That-Which-Is-Called-Jabberwock bends to the Star Messiah’s will.

56b967b4c565efe5878ecfef714bd0ae.jpg

The most faithful, he has granted the armament of heaven, that we might make ready and bear out his will. All strive to be granted the honor of wielding Lasgun or Heavy Bolter in the name of the Star Messiah.

He has told us we must make ready. That we must steal ourselves for a day when the Great Chariot will return to the skies. That we must take up arms against the spirits and demons in whom evil is incarnate. The Green Orkses. Stunted Halfmen. The Wicked Imperium and their Corpseprince. When the day comes, all shall be ready to serve.

[...]

4bdc78d21959174e5a9a29a3e9923530.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orjetax

My latest project - a rogue trader and crew who have crashed on a primitive world and established themselves and bent the planet’s inhabitants to their will.

I’m much inspired by the Star Bastards thread here as well as the prospect generally of mixing fantasy and sci fi models, as discussed, for example, here:

http://givemlead.blogspot.com/2018/03/m ... i.html?m=1

I’ve been mostly playing 40k second edition recently. In 2nd ed, I’ll be playing this force as chaos cultists. This allows me to have a not-superhuman army general with stats that I view as consistent with a rogue trader, primitive beastmen, and some not very good on the table medieval style zealots with lasguns. The jabberwock can hit the table as a greater daemon.

I’m planning to pick up some boxes of frost grave cultists, gnolls, and their sci fi conversion sprue to help fill out the rank and file. I also continue to look for ironclaw beastmen (so if you have some you want to sell . . . ).

Orjetax

Thanks all. I’ve got the first archangel/crew member (will be played as chaos space marine vet) and zealot on the painting table next

Stormbringer":3nqtjun0 said:
What a brilliant concept and idea.

Thanks also for your suggestion in the prior thread about using the frostgrave models.

Orjetax":w350xcer said:
Thanks also for your suggestion in the prior thread about using the frostgrave models.

You're welcome; I only just learned of them (via Twitter) the evening before you asked your question! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

Orjetax

The only thing I’ve painted this month - one of the rogue trader’s crew/archangels.

f9b0d6d2f1cbf80b9e0700e85b194d7f.jpg

From Knightmare miniatures. RT era plastic ork chainsword swapped for the mace the model has.

Orjetax

An Olley psychic mutant scrunt (which will be the magus) and two more beastmen.

3859734fdebccc5251f370e588247f0e.jpg

c0e4f6eebdef3ddcaa2e49e84448af59.jpg

Great work!

The face nailed to the shield of the Beastman on the left looks as if it might have once belonged to a relative of the chap in the middle...

Orjetax

Thanks!

Stormbringer":1cffue3c said:
The face nailed to the shield of the Beastman on the left looks as if it might have once belonged to a relative of the chap in the middle...

Likely not a favorite relative.

Orjetax

Updates!

Some new beastmen.

And also a Bob Olley hybrid from Uscarl Minitures.

9112df96c88c60dc05473fa108e5729e.jpg

c34249b738d39033b3216221c2aa03d9.jpg

56a8f19c08b10220260f8ea2afb38767.jpg

Orjetax

ardyer":28o8giie said:
Bob Olley knows how to sculpt beastmen like no one else!

Wild miniatures, full of character.
Would love to see him sculpt some again, the way he has his modern not-squats.

Orjetax

524222b05c7e88e3e1fcc5c4987c6b5a.jpg

13d844af35f60d9347213ec64095841b.jpg

My first completed unit for the army!

(Although both the beastmen and the first unit of zealots are “close” to complete).

Orjetax

twisted moon":1rhf8l21 said:
love the effect you've got on the power weapons; the wielders look as though they'll really draw some fire.

Thanks. I used some Daler-Rowney fluorescent blue ink.

And have now finished my second unit - 12 space zealots.
ee2a935d2183ca4584a1e991550c963f.jpg

06664194a85bb877830d73656312c250.jpg

It’s taken me long enough since inception of the project, but that’s now two complete unit.

Some really cool paint jobs here Orjetax! That Olley Scrunt is a mini I'm not familiar with...really nasty looking little bugger! Great painting on the beastmen too :)

Back