twisted moon's 2018

twisted moon

thanks; i need to add posters when i get round to dealing with mu sci-fi terrain properly.
i also completed painting the ox for this cart and the four gabions pictured whilst away, but only managed to finish the bases after my last update.

Attachments

• Company of the Yellow Boot Baggage9.JPG
    Company of the Yellow Boot Baggage9.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 2,337

twisted moon

i've painted up another machinery of destruction for orctober, to add to the blue moon crew.

maybe the goblin king's chariot next year.

Attachments

• Leadbelcher1.JPG
    Leadbelcher1.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 2,304
  • Leadbelcher2.JPG
    Leadbelcher2.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 2,304

Outsider

twisted moon":3kfwaf6b said:
i've painted up another machinery of destruction for orctober, to add to the blue moon crew.

maybe the goblin king's chariot next year.

One of these days I've got to pick up my own leadbelcher.

twisted moon

here's my second contribution to orctober.

unlike leadbelcher and (last year's contribution) skullcrusher, which i've had since the 1980's, i picked this up at durham wargames show earlier this year. it set me back £6.00, which i consider a bargain.

Attachments

• Hobgoblin rocket launcher1.JPG
    Hobgoblin rocket launcher1.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 2,135
  • Hobgoblin rocket launcher2.JPG
    Hobgoblin rocket launcher2.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 2,135
  • Hobgoblin rocket launcher3.JPG
    Hobgoblin rocket launcher3.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 2,135

twisted moon

It being the el(e)venth month of the year, i have been working on some more of my sidhe. all citadel figures here.

the furthest left will go in the main combat unit of hand weapons and shields; the others are actually archers.

hopefully you can see their bows and quivers of arrows here.

Attachments

• Sidhe2a.JPG
    Sidhe2a.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 2,102
  • Sidhe2b.JPG
    Sidhe2b.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 2,102
Hobgoblin rocket launchers...............
Who gave these creatures this weapon!!?! (Awesome) but you've unleashed major problems against all the realms!
Great work!

twisted moon

Steepledhatstudios":1mbv5jpe said:
Great work!

thanks very much; I forgot the say that concludes the field artillery for the blue moon crew.

I've been continuing with sidhe, but the light was too poor to take photo's over the weekend; they're still not great.

the witch elf (second from right) might be marauder, the rest are citadel; one bona fide citadel wood elf and three citadel melniboneans, i think.
a whole bunch of these witch elves were palmed off on me by a friend with the threat they'd end up in landfill if i didn't take them, so i'm using them to make up the numbers in this army.
the flag is written in ogham script and hopefully reads 'an splan mollethy' which is a literal (and thus possibly grammatically incorrect) translation of 'the bright curse' into cornish.

a new (by my reckoning) citadel wardancer flanked by warmonger miniatures elven nymphs.
these complete my warrior kinband unit with double handed weapons.

Attachments

• Sidhe3.JPG
    Sidhe3.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 2,045
  • Sidhe4.JPG
    Sidhe4.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 2,045
  • Sidhe Two-handed.JPG
    Sidhe Two-handed.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 2,045

twisted moon

another five sidhe; left to right, a modernish wardancer character, musician, another hulking (possibly maruader) witch elf, and a couple of warhammer regiments' archers.

this lot complete another couple of units.

ten kinband warriors with spears ...

... and the main melee unit: twenty kinband warriors with hand weapons and shields.

Attachments

• Sidhe5.JPG
    Sidhe5.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 2,007
  • Sidhe Spear.JPG
    Sidhe Spear.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 2,007
  • Sidhe Hand-weapons.JPG
    Sidhe Hand-weapons.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 2,007

twisted moon

more of the same; these are the last of the archers currently in my possession. i'm intending an order of warmonger elven nymphs next week to make up the numbers.

meanwhile onto wardancers.

Attachments

• Sidhe6.JPG
    Sidhe6.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 1,735

twisted moon

it turns out these hulking witch-elves aren't marauder after all, but mid-90's citadel.
here are another three with a couple of later war dancers.

Attachments

• Sidhe7.JPG
    Sidhe7.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,708

twisted moon

managed to sneak in another batch of wardancers before the end of the el(e)venth month; same drill as my last post.

Attachments

• Sidhe8.JPG
    Sidhe8.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,686

twisted moon

it being deadcember, i painted this necromancer and familiar, who i intend to have accompany some skeletons into battle to ensure they behave themselves,

for the first time ever the spray varnish frosted on me. however, I quite liked the effect so have just gone with it.
the figures are from reaper: dark heaven legends, by the way; procured by mail order from spirit games over fifteen years ago, if i recall correctly.

Attachments

• Terezinya1.JPG
    Terezinya1.JPG
    22 KB · Views: 1,641
  • Terezinya2.JPG
    Terezinya2.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 1,641

twisted moon

well, i've had a bit of a time with my deadcember contribution. i decided to go with the fenryll armee de squelettes i picked up in september 2016 from battlefield berlin. these are twenty multi-part resin figures comprising four each of five different torso and legs, four each of five different weapons with the right arm (axes, broadswords, falchions, morning stars and spears), four each of five different left arms, four each of six different heads, four each of four different shields, and twenty 20mm square resin bases. they were quite fragile and prone to snapping at ankle, waist and wrist when being removed from the sprue. they also proved temperamental when being glued; super glue usual worked, but the occasional bond just refused and required uhu. uhu didn't work most of the time however, and plastic cement was right out.
i went for maximum variation in the combination of parts and then painted them up in batches of five each with a different weapon, using a different off-white (brown, cream, green, grey) for the bones of each batch those this isn't very obvious on the finished figures.
here they are grouped by weapon type, and then as a block (split across two posts). obviously, i'll actually be fielding these as part of units of equivalent weapon types when they see action in my undead army.

Attachments

• Skeleton axes.JPG
    Skeleton axes.JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,576
  • Skeleton broadswords.JPG
    Skeleton broadswords.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 1,576
  • Skeleton falchions.JPG
    Skeleton falchions.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 1,576

twisted moon

i got a photo. light box for christmas, which i've used for these photo's. are they any better?

Attachments

• Skeleton flails.JPG
    Skeleton flails.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 1,575
  • Skeleton spears.JPG
    Skeleton spears.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,575
  • Skeleton Army Set.JPG
    Skeleton Army Set.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,575

twisted moon

i made this 1' x 2' terrain board earlier this year; i haven't show it before since it could do with a coat of matt varnish. however, since i haven't managed to obtain any in 2018, here it is:

i'm counting it towards this years total, but not the three figures I've painted bar their shields, since i consider shields to be an integral part of completion unlike a coat of varnish.
so that's it for this year; 167 figures and a 1' x 2' terrain board compared to the 119 figures and two 1' x 1' terrain tiles completed in 2017.

Attachments

• Spoil heaps 1.JPG
    Spoil heaps 1.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,570
  • Spoil heaps 2.JPG
    Spoil heaps 2.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 1,570
Back