airbornegrove26's Space Aircraft Carrier

So the Governor General of Sector 6 and I are embarking on a wild and zany campaign, which requires us to build giant space aircraft carriers. I will be sharing my progress here. Check out the blogs for moawr info tho if you would like.
https://givemlead.blogspot.com/2017/12/the-fight-for-new-texas-aircraft.html
https://govgensectorsix.blogspot.com/2017/12/this-is-journey-of-kcs-mary-shelley.html

moks2.png

I got the inspiration from this ship, which appeared in an old episode of Thundarr the Barbarian

IMG_5504.JPG

Getting everything aligned for the build

IMG_5505.JPG

After figuring out where everything would go I began getting the deck shape cut down.

IMG_5509.JPG

IMG_5510.JPG

Stay tuned for moawr

Suber

Re: airbornerove26's Space Aircraft Carrier

Sir, this is going to be so insane it only deserves total support!! :grin:

JonAtron

This thing is crazy mad but I'm enjoying the updates/progress :grin:

jon_1066

Awesome idea and execution. Just wanted to kind of make a suggestion. They operate in space right? So what is the purpose of a long flight deck? They don't need a long run up to get airborne - a slight push from the deck should be sufficient to move away from the carrier. So instead of a steam catapult they could be spring launched? Or what about a literal catapult. Some kind of trebauchet style launch device?

Tullaris

This looks like a very ambitious project. I can't imagine what it's gonna look like fully painted.
Anything with snake mountain has to be awesome:)

Thanks for the comments guys! Jon as for your question...I'm following the rule of cool. The long flight deck just looks better, and is line with my original inspiration pic. Thanks for the suggestion tho. ;)

jon_1066

Nothing says insanity like an aircraft carrier in space fitted with a ram. Brilliant stuff.

Captain - "Go to Ramming speed"

"Our closing velocity is 10,000 meters per second - is that not fast enough?"

"No - and open the air lock door - I want to smite them with my trusty chainsword!"

Back