Wood Elf Ally Contingent

Jeff McC

As I've a wonderful wife who's supporting my attending all 3 days of BOYL, I've decided to try to finish all the wood elves to use in the siege game. I've worked out that I need to average about 2 models finished a day to get everything done. So what is everything? Here's where I stand:20 archers with light armor - these are next up, once there done I'll have the minimums taken care of.
A few heroes and command models, I'm hoping I can find a couple more musicians and standard bearers to add before the event.
I've found 3 more wardancers since I painted the first 5 so I'd like to get them added to the unit.

Attachments

• archers armor.JPG
    archers armor.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 1,298
  • wardancers.JPG
    wardancers.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,298
  • command.JPG
    command.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 1,298

Jeff McC

10 more archers, these have light armor and shields and will be used as lord's bowmen, with the 5 I've already completed, they'll make a unit of 15
I've also managed to come up with 6 wildcats and 6 warhounds, and some handlers to accompany them.

Attachments

• lord's bowmen.JPG
    lord's bowmen.JPG
    185.1 KB · Views: 1,298
  • hounds and cats.JPG
    hounds and cats.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 1,298
  • handlers.JPG
    handlers.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 1,298

Jeff McC

Another 15 of the plastic archers to bulk out the force.
A mounted wizard, he has a bit of a beard, but I think he'll fit in with the force anyways.
And finally I've these 4 bare chested elves, with a sort of American indian feel...they don't seem to match the rest of the force, and I'm not quite sure what to do with them...

In any case, wish me luck, I'll try to post regular updates, and we'll see how far I get.

Attachments

• archers.JPG
    archers.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 1,295
  • wizard.JPG
    wizard.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 1,295
  • bare chests.JPG
    bare chests.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 1,295

Jeff McC

My parents came to visit last week, and while it was lovely to see them, it definitely slowed my painting progress. I had hoped to have the unit of archers finished by now, sadly they're only about half way there. In other news I did manage to get a hold of two more sets of command models :grin: (currently soaking in paint remover).

The elves as they stand now.

Attachments

• elf archer wip.JPG
    elf archer wip.JPG
    185.7 KB · Views: 1,255
May I suggest the American indian elves to fit the role of Waywatchers?

You have a great army there - extremely nice and I wish you all the best in getting them painted in time.

That mounted wizard reminds me of a druid.

Jeff McC

Bluey - thanks for the well wishes.

Archers with light armor finished, plus the hounds - more photos on my completed projects thread.

Attachments

• archers 1.JPG
    archers 1.JPG
    245.9 KB · Views: 1,223
Back