Nude Lead

Thought I would post up my hoard of Space Orks, which should keep me busy paintingwise for the next couple of years

Bad Moons
BadMoon1_zpscb1146bf.jpg

BadMoons2_zps0855b4df.jpg

Wow that is impressive, I have a similar amount but I think you have more. So many of those cool bad moon standard ork ones - how did u get so many of them??? Also got lots that I am missing in my collection. That is a lot of painting, how will you tackle it? I went for batch painting mine just the base colours and washes for each clan, then I will go back and gradually add the details and take the time on the models one by one.

Also what do you think about varnish ? They chip easy.

My mate made a good suggestion for the boar boys, using the riders on the newer Orc boar models. The old boar models are quite puny

Check them out - what u think?

null-4.jpg

A-Man: haha good one, I didn't realise the significance :grin:
Hey Bulldog: green?
Brutal: all collected in drips and drabs from evilbay, the bad moon boys were pretty hard to find actually but I was lucky to get about half a dozen of them in one auction.
My plan is to tackle them one clan at a time, and do something else in between.
I only have to paint something like 8 more Goffs (see my Goff thread) and that will be the largest out of the way.
I have Squats err Space Dwarfs to finish after that and then Im going to tackle another clan, which one I dunno but the Flash Gitz will be last so my painting skills will hopefully be nice and hot so I can go to town on them.
On the varnish, Ive never really used it except to seal transfers!
I have never really transported my painted stuff unless its to move house so the need has never really arisen.
I keep my finished stuff in a series of draws when they are not out.
Now, the boars: they look really nice in that picture of yours!...my problem is Im more than a bit anal and as goofy, puny and lame as those plastic boars are using the new ones wouldn't sit right with me...its irrational and all I but that's my go (Ive even got the original mono cyboars-even worse!)
I am better with some things, like modern chainswords and power weapons for marines (big of me I know) but yeah, Im anal :mrgreen:

That's cool, I know what it's like when you want something to be just a certain way. I think with my orks I want Only the old ork boys but am a bit more flexible on the vechiles ( although skorcha war track and buggy would have to lead)

Good luck with the work

Chico

That's a nice collection, but because they are indeed naked they don't count :razz: And where is the battlewagons/gobsmashas/lungbustas? Call yourself a ork ;)

Just the tracks and bikes Im afraid...unless of course youre giving me a battlewagon? :lol:

Ive never really had any tanks or APCs besides one RT Rhino that's still in its box... much to my shame.
During my great ebay crusade I was always on the hunt for a decent old school battlewagon/land raider/predator but no dice.
I have considered getting one of the forgeworld landraiders (Preator? whatever theyre called) someday but its awfully expensive.
If only FW would make a RT battlewagon :idea: ...I cant stomach the current Ork vehichles.

Space Wolves, my first army. Some are finished, a lot have come from ebay and need stripping, and a lot haven't been touched.
wvs2_zpsad59f827.jpg

wvs1_zps71a87363.jpg

and some trolls and a giant for my Night Gobbos.
I had a go at painting one of the river trolls when I got back into the hobby-I think he is going to get a Dettol bath though.
trolls_zps49abf1fe.jpg

Back