Crimson Fists - Rogue Trader Space Marines

Show us what you are working on at the moment

Moderator: Moderators

Post Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:14 pm

Re: Crimson Fists - Rogue Trader Space Marines

I want 3 assassins, Eversor only has 2 torso types so I thought i'd mix it up with a female for a change. She needs the mask, the gun and the backpack, she already has the skin tight suit. The bolt gun looks way to big for her... hmm...WIP

Smoke and colour! Looks OK I think for PVA and toilet paper.

Post Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:00 pm

Wow! That's a great conversion there Jon. What's the base mini? Looks kinda like a Hasslefree one.

That skull mask is inspired too. We'rd you find that from?

Sorry for all the questions but I need your skills :)

Great posts here mate, keep'em up!

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
My Blog: Mr Papafakis
Stuff I'd like to have: Wishlist
Stuff I'd like you to have: Trades

Post Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:49 pm

Always nice to hear from you Mr Papafakis!

The model, I don't know. I got it of ebay listed as Cyborg Assassins 28mm metal figure. The mask was a cut up Ral Partha Fantasy skull- from a bag of 12 metal skulls. The rest of it when done will be green stuff. As for the conversion, I just thought it would be nicer for their targets to look at pillowy breasts as they die, rather than a gloss black codpiece.

Post Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:41 am

Looks good.

I think the model is Void or that other game that came after?

I could not find it on Scotia Grendel miniatures though.

Post Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:53 pm

I found it serendipitously looking through an oldhammer blog! She is an Artemis class biomech from the game Urban War by Mammoth Miniatures

http://www.scotiagrendel.com/Products/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=0&products_id=3327
Last edited by JonAtron on Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:00 pm

Oh, they're the one's! Thanks for finding them Jon

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
My Blog: Mr Papafakis
Stuff I'd like to have: Wishlist
Stuff I'd like you to have: Trades

Post Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:10 pm

Working nights this week so not much happening here.

No problem Papa', and thanks to Jonas who found the retail site!

Slowly painting these objective markers. I think I want 3 more of the smoke to make 6. Might have a go at seeing how well they blue stuff cast.

The assassin is coming along. Still very much WIP. I never factored in the fact that this is more true scale as opposed to 40ks heroic with the big head,hands guns etc. Now the mask works just about and now I've got the basics of a neuro gauntlet I can tidy that up and I'm happy with it. But the gun, that tiny pistol she has just wont cut it in the grim dark universe. Sadly though the assassins giant bolt pistol is too big it looks stupid on her. I'm going to have to take the plunge and cut her gun off and hope I can come up with something that works.

Post Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:26 pm

Just not sure about that gun. I was too scared to cut it off :D as I have nothing that looks right in her hand. The bolt pistol is just too big and chunky I think? A shame as what ties a model into 40k more than the ubiquitous bolt gun. Think I might rework that pistol needle too. I't looks more organic/Tyranid than imperial. It was made from a grenade and pinning wire but, no, it don't look right. Maybe back to the original green stuff asassins needle? oh... I don't know :?

One thing I've found as that taking pics and having a look shows up things you just never see with the eye and always for the worse. Good for improvement, bad for your OCD and ego :D
I so respect and admire many of you peoples work on here as to look good on camera is next level to simply looking good to the naked eye.

Post Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:02 pm

You could consider a bolt pistol from the RTB01 plastic Marines? It is quite small compared to the newer versions or alternatively give her an autopistol or hand flamer.

Post Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:31 am

Nice ideas, thanks Jonas! :) I settled on keeping the gun she had but making a smaller injection unit. I don't have any fancy styrene bits so I rolled out green stuff into various sized 'tubes' then cut them to the size I needed. Yeh, I think that is the best of the worst. Tidy up and paint up and the trio should look lovely together. Anyway, enough assassin pic already I get it :D

Just a little side project I've had in mind. Not sure if I'll make him an objective marker or just a mini-o-rama. Ork prisoner.

Objective marker. Just thought, they might need a number on them somewhere, somehow.
PreviousNext

Return to WIP