Crimson Fists - Rogue Trader Space Marines

Show us what you are working on at the moment

Moderator: Moderators

Post Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:29 am

Re: Crimson Fists - Rogue Trader

So, more work than I expected on this old plastic. Just getting the main elements in place before a good patch up, clean up, and undercoat. Running really low on the bits box so I'm having to cobble things together, including the tanker looking through his binoculars. A little ode to the metal torso one that I don't got. I'll probably cover the big holes and bad bits with stowage as to fill them and sand them, they always show through the paint some.

Post Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:19 am

Really great job! Love the repositioned RBT01 Marine :) Your additions and modifications look great!

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
My Blog: Mr Papafakis
Stuff I'd like to have: Wishlist
Stuff I'd like you to have: Trades

Post Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:30 pm

Looking good, I'm dreading stripping my tanks....

Post Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:56 pm

What tanks you got/stripping Andy?

Been busy with the xmas festivities and all, but I've had a little time just to get a drop of paint on. Its not come out quite as I wanted. I see some painters can make a tank look weathered and worn but the work still looks crisp with all the elements well defined. Mines not quite like that and the lighting don't do it much justice in the pics. It flattens and distorts the colour and blending, but I'm happy with it, its a good table top standard that wont show me up in a game.

Still WIP with much to do and they all still need a matt varnish. Was waiting to get them all up to scratch then blast the lot. (Hopefully get rid of that transfer shine.)

I've also started on more troops. I settled on a nice 2000 point army list that should fit most games but still all authentic looking RT.

Post Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:34 pm

Hey mate, I've got one of each RT tanks in good condition plus a couple of janky rhinos that will get a spruce up hopefully!

Post Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:04 pm

Love thos rhino restoration jobs. Good creativity and great paintjobs

Post Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:02 pm

Finally finished all the tanks to a good table top standard. Now, the water slide decals I can simply not get to 'blend in' with the model. Matt varnish just does not hide the decal transfer film shine. I've used microsol to put them on, part painted over them, but... How do you lot over come that horrible transfer film?

Currently working on a push for some troops, get some more boots on the ground. We've got a jump pack squad of 10 and some command structure.

Just finish that there medic. Need to photo them in the fridge or something (makes a good light box apparently :D )

Post Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:14 pm

Thanks for sharing, what a selection of wonderful photo's. Pure inspiration, excellent.

Will.

Post Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:39 am

that medic is brilliant, basing and weathering and all

Post Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:01 pm

Not much time of late. Had a disaster with finecast/resin and paint remover *sobs* still, live and learn. Only had time to get these few jump troops closer to finished. Got a captain on the go, a sarg for the jump squad and the other 6 troops still to do. Still enjoying it all though. I was also surprised at just how detailed some of the areas are. I often look at the figures and think they are quite basic but when you take your brush to them, they have some real character and details.

PreviousNext

Return to WIP