Slowly painted greenskins

Show us what you are working on at the moment

Moderator: Moderators

Post Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:23 pm

Re: Slowly painted greenskins

Finally got around to taking some photos of more orcs for the unit. This time I went for a much simpler style for the shields both for speed and to break up the unit. Hope you like...

Here's a little quiz, can anyone tell me where I stole this design from ? Hint it was in a lot of White Dwarfs back in the day !!!

So only 6 more of the RnF then on to the command group and I will finally have completed my first unit and then I can treat myself to something a little more interesting such as my dog cart or man-mangler :D :D

Post Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:09 pm

Love it, the time and effort is so worth it. Really gives interest and character to the models.

Post Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:29 pm

Nice looking shields - I actually think that the ones with the simpler style are the best. Funny thing is that I stumpled upon the Orc's Nest logo in an old WD magazine yesterday and thougt it would look good on at shield or a banner :)

Post Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:20 pm

Thanks for the kind comments. I've finished off the unit and hope to get pictures done soon once the movement tray is built and painted. This means I can finally move on to a more interesting unit probably some Gruntas n Snortas but one thing I have noticed is the complete lack of a musician for them so was just wondering if anyone has found a solution or has a good idea on a figure to use ???

Post Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:31 pm

So as promised here's the completed unit (minus a shield for champion as I've ran out) .

Not the best photo in the world but its proof I've finished. I may try taking some better photos at a later date I need a bigger backdrop and looking at a light box to see if that helps with my photography skills !

As I said in previous post I now plan on moving on to my gruntas which I'm really looking forward to painting up as painting all those RnF has got a bit boring at times. So again if anyone has a good idea for a musician for my gruntas please let me know !!

Post Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:23 pm

Lovely work, more please.

I really like the skin tones you're using, and the rust is spot on.

Paul / Grumdril

Post Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:50 am

dazza36 wrote:I have noticed is the complete lack of a musician for them so was just wondering if anyone has found a solution or has a good idea on a figure to use ???

I saw that over on the "Ernys Place" blog the boar boyz have an infantry musician plonked on top of a boar. Looks good to me :)

"We attack at dawn. The plan is victory." - unknown

Post Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:51 am

Gallivantes wrote:
dazza36 wrote:I have noticed is the complete lack of a musician for them so was just wondering if anyone has found a solution or has a good idea on a figure to use ???

I saw that over on the "Ernys Place" blog the boar boyz have an infantry musician plonked on top of a boar. Looks good to me

And lovely job on those Ruglud's :)

"We attack at dawn. The plan is victory." - unknown

Post Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:15 pm

dazza36 wrote:Thanks for the kind comments. I've finished off the unit and hope to get pictures done soon once the movement tray is built and painted. This means I can finally move on to a more interesting unit probably some Gruntas n Snortas but one thing I have noticed is the complete lack of a musician for them so was just wondering if anyone has found a solution or has a good idea on a figure to use ???

The orc in the front row next to the two sword champion is holding a ribcage on a stick and in his other hand holds a bone. He's the muscian and hes holding a skeletal xylaphone. Promise. Thats what it said on the box when I bought them decades ago. Still got them too.
PreviousNext

Return to WIP