Golgfag1's preparations for BOYL2018?

Golgfag1

Well, here's a surprise for the first time since attending BOYL2013, I've come away without any plans for what I'll be playing next year and thus painting :o :o :o .

My figure purchase over the weekend was a few packets of Foundry Samurai, so my thoughts are something set in the East, anybody up for a "small" game say one to two thousand points each?

In hope

Paul / Golgfag1

Golgfag1

OK, undercoat applied, broken the figures into batches and started applying the colour to the first ones, hopefully I should have these done by the end of the week :grin: and as I'm off for the rest of the month - I should have all finished (or that's the plan) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjoy

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• batches.JPG
    batches.JPG
    176.2 KB · Views: 4,402
  • first batch.JPG
    first batch.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 4,402

Scalene

You're very well organised. All I've managed to do so far is to almost over-commit myself already.

That's a great set of amazons you happened to be sitting on. Looking forward to seeing them ready for action.

Golgfag1

Surprisingly this week has been fairly busy with one thing or another, so progression with these girls has been slower than originally anticipated, but I haven't been totally neglectful - a small amount of progress has been made.

How do you eat an elephant - one bite at a time. :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• First few coats.JPG
    First few coats.JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 4,320

Golgfag1

Almost there, just the whites of their eyes and the skin high-lights and I'll be ready for the yacht varnish.

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• Almost there 3.JPG
    Almost there 3.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 4,286

Golgfag1

All done on the first batch, just the varnish to apply, on to the next.

Paul Golgfag1

Attachments

• First batch awaiting varnish.JPG
    First batch awaiting varnish.JPG
    179.9 KB · Views: 4,277
  • close-up.JPG
    close-up.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 4,277

Golgfag1

Quendil":ceb7es0a said:
Very nice , may steal some of colour ideas
Sent from my Lenovo TB2-X30F using Tapatalk

Lifted straight fro the second compendium, may change the scheme slightly but generally it works for me so why change it.

Paul / Golgfag1

Golgfag1

Second batch of miscreants passing over the painting table, I've changed the colour scheme slightly, just to have a modicum of variety within the group - as I see amazonian as a group of individuals with a common goal of supporting the Sisterhood, not a regimented society - similar to the Slann for instance.

It also breaks up the limited number of poses for this rather nice collection of models, which can't be a bad thing.

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• second batch.JPG
    second batch.JPG
    172.4 KB · Views: 1,695

Golgfag1

Been a bit quiet recently due to a holiday, jobs on the house and looking for a new job - things are now getting back to normal(whatever that is); so have been able to spread a little bit of paint across a few figures.

Latest offerings - first batch of Vikings with their Long ship.

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• Vikings1.JPG
    Vikings1.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 1,603
  • Vikings2.JPG
    Vikings2.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,603

Golgfag1

Jeff McC":28oky5uh said:
Missed this thread somehow....Amazons are looking great!

Thanks for the words of encouragement Jeff, I look forward to seeing more of your halfling contingent and of their exploits on the field of battle? For good or ill.

Paul / Golgfag1

Snickit

Really nice work there Paul.

You could set up a little Lustrian Tale of "X" gamers thread if you can get any Slann/Lizardmen/Conquistadors/Savage Orc/Dark Elf/Sea Elf/Vampire Coast Undead/Norse/Clan Pestilens wannabe's to join in - Jungle Terrain Ahoy! (I know Erny has some Slann he wants to get done).

Back