Golgfag1's preparations for BOYL2018?

Golgfag1

OK, giant amazonian done, so back to the Vikings for the Rigg's Shrine game at BOYL this year - looks as though I'm going to have a fairly easy time of it as these are all the vikings finished and I only have about twenty amazonian still to do. 8-) I'll do the bases when I'm ready to do the lot together. :grin:

See you there

Paul/Golgfag1

Attachments

• vikings4b.jpg
    vikings4b.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 1,219

Golgfag1

OK, next batch of C series Amazons painted just have to get them based, but I'm waiting until I finish some more off so I can mix and match the poses on multi-bases :grin:

Enjoy

Paul/Golgfag1

Attachments

• archers4.jpg
    archers4.jpg
    459.5 KB · Views: 1,136
  • archers1.jpg
    archers1.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 1,136
  • archers3.jpg
    archers3.jpg
    415.3 KB · Views: 1,136

Golgfag1

The third batch of Amazonians are progressing well, with a little bit of luck I should have them complete for the weekend, so well on schedule for having them all painted for BOYL :grin: . As ever my pictures do me no justice, as I was basically taking the photo in the dark :lol: .

Enjoy the journey

Paul/Golgfag1

Attachments

• progress third batch.jpg
    progress third batch.jpg
    454.6 KB · Views: 1,090

Golgfag1

OK, I've completed the next seven girls and have moved on to the next batch of five figures, I've a fairly busy weekend but am hopeful that I should get these completed by the end of Sunday evening, time will tell. on another note you'll see I've a selection of archers just to the right of my efforts. these were painted by their previous owner, which I'm only planning to strip and paint, if I consider I've enough time between now and BOYL, otherwise I'll just base em up with my efforts and do the deed at a later date.

Apologies, for the poor quality of picture - the sun was just coming up over the horizon as I took the picture, hence the differing tones.

Enjoy

Paul/Golgfag1

Attachments

• archers finished.jpg
    archers finished.jpg
    456.7 KB · Views: 1,048
  • archers B.jpg
    archers B.jpg
    416.5 KB · Views: 1,048

Golgfag1

Fimm McCool":o6zfe1ng said:
Nice one Paul! :) That's getting quite the host. Lotta basing to do mind... ;)

I'm not too concern Fimm, I've only got another forty or so figures to paint and at the rate I'm painting em at the moment I should have them all done by the end of June, which leaves me with July to do the finishing touches, then again knowing my luck something will come along and bugger up my plan :lol: :lol: :lol:

Needless to say all provisions for completing the basing are already in my possession I just need to do it. :grin:

Paul/Golgfag1

Snickit

You really are rattling things out at a fair old pace, my own painting needs to hit the solid1 to 2 hours a night every night from Sunday night if I am to be ready.

Looking forward to seeing all your work in a couple of months or so.

Golgfag1

Snickit":23vx15dh said:
You really are rattling things out at a fair old pace, my own painting needs to hit the solid1 to 2 hours a night every night from Sunday night if I am to be ready.

Looking forward to seeing all your work in a couple of months or so.

Thanks Dave,

I wish you well in your efforts to finish your Dwarfs, from what I've seen of your blog 8-) - you're doing pretty sterling work yourself :grin: , how many more of them are there to do?

Paul/Golgfag1

Snickit

Golgfag1":q7bl972i said:
how many more of them are there to do?

Paul/Golgfag1

Still a fair amount to do, a host of warmachines, a three units of crossbows and my baggage train for the game with Richard Legg.

I've also decided to (why I have no idea) decided I need 4500 painted not 3000 for the back story to the games to work so I'll also need to paint some more warriors!

Probably need to write up a blog post to explain why.

Golgfag1

I thought the game against Richard was a small 'friendly' affair of about fifteen hundred points, hence our game is in that region - from the above post it appears two large hosts are about to seriously bump heads! :twisted: :o :shock: :?

Good luck with the preparation,
Here's my latest efforts, not completed, but a fair progression given how much effort I put into them (thirty minutes, if that :lol: ) and started the next batch the bodyguard

Paul/Golgfag1

Attachments

• archers fourth.jpg
    archers fourth.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 1,072
  • guard 1.jpg
    guard 1.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 1,072

Snickit

Oh no no no no, 3000 point culmination of the past two years.

We played 1000 pts last year, this year he wants to do 3000 with baggage train.

My game with you will be a 1500pt splinter army of the main host, hence I'll need 4500, luckily I have some expensive but small(ish) hits to help with that.

Your painting keeps up at a fair old pace. I think I'm going to need to get in a minimum of 1 hour if not 2 each night from now on.

Really impressed with the implacable painting rate you manage to keep up.

Golgfag1

Why the extra 1500 points, why not just use 1500 from the original 3000 8-) , forget it :lol: just do it and see you there :grin:

Paul/Golgfag1

Golgfag1

Snickit":fn8qux8i said:
Silly army narrative reasons that I have convinced myself of lol

Thought as much, hence the acceptance of the statement - the things we do to tell a story, hey! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Once more, I wish you well with your endeavor.

Paul/Golgfag1

Golgfag1

Needless to say my progress with the amazons has continued at a snails pace and finally come to a conclusion for the next batch of archers, with the bank holiday weekend I hope to have the nobles completed by the time I return to work - here's hoping

Enjoy

Paul/Golgfag1

Attachments

• fourth batch of archers1.jpg
    fourth batch of archers1.jpg
    349.4 KB · Views: 1,019

Snickit

Good progress once more Paul.

I got a couple of hours in tonight which was good, a unit of Dwarf Spears very nearly finished and a unit of Dwarf Crossbows begun.

Using your progress as inspiration me old mucker!

Golgfag1

An Army starts to take shape

As previously stated something was bound to come along and bugger up my plans for this weekend and sure enough it was self inflicted (bloody ebay) a new toy, which has hit the painting table at the run, but something I'm going to keep quiet for now. So, rather than paint I've been basing up those figures I've been dabbing paint on or their previous owner has to a better or worst degree than myself (I'll let you decide) ready for BOYL.

Progress so far - thirty archers & about the same in close combat stuff, enjoy

Paul/Golgfag1

Attachments

• archers based.jpg
    archers based.jpg
    476.1 KB · Views: 971
  • archers based 1.jpg
    archers based 1.jpg
    471.7 KB · Views: 971
  • C.Combat1.jpg
    C.Combat1.jpg
    540.7 KB · Views: 971

Golgfag1

Progress has been a bit slow over the last couple of weeks, especially with my distraction, but a modicum of progress has been made with the girls - with a small section of pistol packing ladies, enjoy :grin:

The nobles/guard are progressing slower than intended, as I'm trying to make them more individuals as they will be acting has leaders for my units. 8-)

Paul/Golgfag1

Attachments

• Pistols.jpg
    Pistols.jpg
    401.1 KB · Views: 877
  • Pistols1.jpg
    Pistols1.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 877
  • Pistols2.jpg
    Pistols2.jpg
    348.6 KB · Views: 877
Back