Golgfag1's preparations for BOYL2018?

Golgfag1

Snickit":2d906fph said:
Really nice work there Paul.

You could set up a little Lustrian Tale of "X" gamers thread if you can get any Slann/Lizardmen/Conquistadors/Savage Orc/Dark Elf/Sea Elf/Vampire Coast Undead/Norse/Clan Pestilens wannabe's to join in - Jungle Terrain Ahoy! (I know Erny has some Slann he wants to get done).

Thanks Snickit,

These are all in preparation for Thantsants/ Steve's Rigg's Shrine game, for anybody that wants to join-in details below. I'm sure all contributions will be welcome. So, if you've got figures ladies & gentlemen here's your excuse to get them out of the box. :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=12174

Paul / Golgfag1

Golgfag1

Small steps will get you there - not got a lot done recently , as we've just packed the youngest off to university for her final year. here's the longboat rigged and WIP for what might be my contribution to the rainbow warriors project, there again they might just turn into something else with all the chatter about Necromunda making a return 8-) .

Enjoy
Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• Vikings3.JPG
    Vikings3.JPG
    154.8 KB · Views: 2,284
  • Rainbow warriors.JPG
    Rainbow warriors.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 2,284

Golgfag1

Ketil Trout":1t9b4lmh said:
Love the Viking longship, its a beautiful model, your rigging looks great.

Thanks, the tricky bits were - the block and tackle hanging from the band at the top of the mast - which is a small piece of miliput formed around a 'short' section of chain, with a hole to pass the retaining rope through, all superglued into place. The forming of the cleats to tie the sail string/warps off to - are simply small rolls of miliput formed into crescents and glued into place where required and the string / warps tied off appropriately.

Paul / Golgfag1

The Amazons are looking great - makes we want to start to collect a small Amazon warband - bad influence - trying not to buy any figures at the moment

Golgfag1

Pygmy Witch Doctor":zxk74ti2 said:
The Amazons are looking great - makes we want to start to collect a small Amazon warband - bad influence - trying not to buy any figures at the moment

Go on, you know you want to. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul / Golgfag1

Golgfag1

Couldn't really wait. once this arrived, so straight to the front of the queue on the painting table for this little beauty, just general colours so far, but you can generally see where it's going, I hope?

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• spawn2a.JPG
    spawn2a.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 2,172
  • spawn4a.JPG
    spawn4a.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 2,172
  • spawn3a.JPG
    spawn3a.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 2,172
  • spwan1a.JPG
    spwan1a.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 2,172

Golgfag1

Sorry couldn't help myself - Next step a few tweaks and it should just about be there 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1

Attachments

• spawn3b.JPG
    spawn3b.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 2,235
  • spawn2b.JPG
    spawn2b.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 2,235
  • spawnc.JPG
    spawnc.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 2,235

Golgfag1

Well, I've final kicked my painting mojo back into gear this year, and to achieve a quick result I went for something small and insignificant but has needed to be done for a long time - Citadel, first edition C14 Lesser Night Goblins to be precise. I thought I had a more varied collection, but having gone though the unpainted stuff, found that I've only two poses to join my growing horde (no doubt the rest are in a box somewhere in the attic but if I'd started to look - I'd have become distracted) so, settled down to make the best of what I have. Hope you like what I've done with the little fellas, for a hundred and fifty to an hundred and eighty points of third edition. 8-)

Now, I know what your asking yourself dear reader - why is Golgfag1 (he with more Orcs than Sauron) wasting his time with lesser goblins - their nothing but a foot note in the army lists with only the merest hint of their talents and abilities, to be used as door stops whilst the big boy'z are giving the opposition a good kick-in. Well dear reader, take a look at BOB (Big Orange Book, Warhammer third Ed.) and there you get an insight into their true potential - they can have poisoned weapons for an extra 5 points, have 3x Short-bow missile attacks per base at no extra cost, are immune to poison, can also skirmish and everybody else ignores them, if, they run away - what's not to like?

It's, also the case - that I hold with the idea, that if, you get the good stuff - you should by rights should carry a little bit of dross to balance it out - just as Fredrick the Great did with his Frei-corps (A hint of one of my other wargaming passions, for those of your that think I only do Oldhammer) - look at most rule sets covering the Lace Wars, and you'll find that most Prussian infantry contingents are made up of Grenadier, Musketeers & Fusiliers with only a briefest of nods given to what was a fascinating part of the forces at Fredrick's disposal, but I digress.

I now have close to the maximum of forty bases of these insignificant trip hazards and with the Pump wagons I consider they'd be pretty good entertainment for a thousand point game - think about it? (if, you want to see more pictures of these little fellas check out my blog below)

Next up - some Black Mountain Boy'z who'll come out of the tank later this afternoon, and should be ready for painting next weekend.

All the best

Paul/ Golgfag1

Paul/ Golgfag1

Attachments

• 122_2366.JPG
    122_2366.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 2,135
They look nice - and it's never a waste of time to paint greenskin :grin:

Actually, I'm not sure if I have ever seen these painted before. Maybe I have only seen them on eBay. And I am not sure exactly how small they are. So I was wondering if you could post a picture of a base full of Lesser Night Goblins with some other models next to it for scale reference?

I am myself considering buying some of the "regular" Lesser Goblins (the ones that are not Night Goblins), since I like their Gremlin-like look ;)

Golgfag1

Sorry never really considered them to be that much of rarity to deserve comparison with their contemporary's, any way here you go against a 1st edition Black Mountain Boy and a few more modern Snotlings. I think their fairly even match with the figures shown, but against more modern figures they would be quite cut a diminutive jib, as it were. :lol: :lol: :lol: But as most of my stuff is from their era I'm not bothered. 8-) 8-) 8-)

Paul/Golgfag1

Attachments

• Comparison 2.jpg
    Comparison 2.jpg
    662 KB · Views: 2,089
  • Comparison 3.jpg
    Comparison 3.jpg
    885.2 KB · Views: 2,089

Golgfag1

Well, title pretty much says it all this week, with the UK caught in winters icy grip joined by the remains of hurricane Emma, my conservatory was not the place to be applying paint of any type, until today, that is. So, I put the Black Mountain Boyz to one side and I pulled out a little bit of nostalgia which I think I picked up at BOYL a couple of years ago :- A Citadel import from - Ral Partha White Dragon ES72/01-072 AKA Cold Drake ( http://www.collecting-citadel-miniature ... 29_Dragons ), and applied a splattering of colour which I hope you'll appreciate.

I've made a short picture video of the stages of painting (lots of dry-brushed green and daubs of colour which you can see on my blog - Please, forgive the first few pictures in the sequence I bumbled to settings and until I noticed and re-set the camera, by which time it was too late, to take a step back.

I'm also still playing with the stills video, but this time without the music

Enjoy

Paul/Golgfag1

Attachments

• 122_2396.JPG
    122_2396.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 2,043

Golgfag1

Well, needless to ask I didn't get the Black Mountain Boyz out of the bath. So, I took a few 'C' series out of the 'to do' box and daubed a small amount of paint on them last weeks whilst waiting for the paint on the dragon to dry. Unfortunately, didn't get them to the stage of applying a ink wash or painting any detail (eyes & teeth); until till today, (as I've not been getting home until after dark) to get these final touches done - so here's a few pictures of the arra boyz with their wash (I always consider orcs & goblins should be covered in a proverbial layer of grot, it, also covers up a multitude of sins regarding my painting and gives a degree of depth to the figures) and then with the details touched in.

These will take my painted Arra Boy'z up into fifties, so, I can now start to consider deploying two units, rather than one large block - all adds to the variations, of what, I'm able to field 8-) . As ever, the close-ups just show how bad my painting has deteriorated and how badly I need to have my eyes tested!

Enjoy

Paul/Golgfag1

Hopefully, I'll get the Black Mountain Boyz out of the soup later today

Attachments

• 122_2403.JPG
    122_2403.JPG
    859.2 KB · Views: 2,001
  • 122_2406.JPG
    122_2406.JPG
    848.8 KB · Views: 2,001
  • 122_2397.JPG
    122_2397.JPG
    791.5 KB · Views: 2,001

Golgfag1

Well, needless to say the plans of this man yet again went astray, but one spot of good news the Black Mountain boyz and a couple of mates made it out out their bath, so are now all clean, shiny and have a fresh black undercoat, ready to receive a daubing of paint at some point in the future, hooray.

So while they we're drying and receiving all the TLC they deserve, I fell back on to a project which fell into the long grass some time ago, my Grenadier Goblin War Giant.
I started this sometime ago, when ZeroTwentyThree kicked off his paint a giant challenge, and I got as far as a half finished giant.

So, my plan is to finish the crew & giant this weekend.

and hopefully end up with something like this if not a little better.
http://www.sodemons.com/rhgiants2/stran ... /index.htm
Hope to see you on the otherside

Paul/Golgfag1

Attachments

• 122_2409.JPG
    122_2409.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,965
  • 122_2411.JPG
    122_2411.JPG
    814.1 KB · Views: 1,965
  • 122_2410.JPG
    122_2410.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,965

Snickit

What a varied selection of projects, wish I had as much time on my hands.

Loving the Harboth's originals, best Harboth's model they did that one.

Re: BOYL, if you're bringing the greenies and I get there early enough on the Friday I'll give you a warm up game of 3rd if you like

Golgfag1

Not so much as having time, but making time - continuous, small bursts of activity with large bouts of domestic bliss in between (shopping, gardening, DIY & the like), usually at weekends. :grin:

Well up for a game of third or any other Ed. of Warhammer as I'm planning to bring at least a thousand points of small green-uns to give the other Paul a game on Sunday afternoon :grin:

See you there

Paul/Golgfag1

Snickit":13a9b3yh said:
What a varied selection of projects, wish I had as much time on my hands.

Loving the Harboth's originals, best Harboth's model they did that one.

Re: BOYL, if you're bringing the greenies and I get there early enough on the Friday I'll give you a warm up game of 3rd if you like

Golgfag1

Please find below my current progress with my Amazonian Giantess for ZeroTwentyTree's Big April Challenge not quite there yet , but I'm happy with how it's coming to a conclusion, muscle tones now a bit too harsh, but It'll fit in with my previous stuff.

Paul/Golgfag1

Attachments

• Giantess 3.jpg
    Giantess 3.jpg
    351.4 KB · Views: 1,797
Back