Rogue Trader Sons of Horus Space Marines

It's been too long since I posted my stuff on this forum, so here's the start of a new project of mine. I'm a big fan of the Horus Heresy and the Sons of Horus legion, and despite loving all the new Forge World stuff I'd like to paint a Rogue Trader era Sons of Horus force. I've done a test paint on a (not quite but almost) Rogue Trader Space Marine, trying to hark back to the kind of green you find for this legion in early White Dwarfs. Waddya think?

20106480_1145708022240051_8721216946290795522_n.jpg

Tzigane

Now I'm interested in seeing one of those White Dwarf marines to compare, but yours is looking good by itself!

Suber

That's truly great, I don't recall seeing the Sons of Horus colours on RT marines before, and well, this guy looks fantastic! :!:

I really like this guy! He looks great! And the good news he is rogue trader; he was released as a prototype in 1992 which puts him at he tail end if RT as opposed to second edition!!

I love the green; it's similar but marginally paler than the green I've used for my own Sons of Horus:

blogger-image-550470263.jpg

Legiocustodes":2r1m42gp said:
I really like this guy! He looks great! And the good news he is rogue trader; he was released as a prototype in 1992 which puts him at he tail end if RT as opposed to second edition!!

I love the green; it's similar but marginally paler than the green I've used for my own Sons of Horus:

blogger-image-550470263.jpg

That's a beautiful green you've got there!

Back