Chaos marines and renegades - some conversions WIP

I also have a few of the metal renegades being painted, will post pics when they are done.

In case anyone is wondering what is going on with the guy on the bottom left, he has extra joints in his arms.

Really interesting. I don't think I've ever seen anyone kitbashing a chaos renegade before. Well done!

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

inchmurrin

Interesting and very close to the feel of the GM variety. Didn't Mr Blanche do something similar in the back of the 1994 modelling guide?

I have put together a load of Thousand Sons Marines. Still more work to do before the painting stage.

I also have this dinosaur rider which i made about 18 months ago:

Attachments

• renegadesWIP.jpg
    renegadesWIP.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 4,653
  • dino.jpg
    dino.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 4,653
daddyorchips":cz02f2j8 said:
nice. is that a pachycephalosaur?

Thanks.

It seems to be some kind of birdlike thing with a crest on its head. Not sure exactly what it is but im sure it would lose a headbutting competition with a pachycephalosaur. I guess it is supposed to be about ostrich size but it works quite well as a large dino for my man to ride on.

First fully painted renegade.
DSC00233.JPG
DSC00238.JPG

This guy was done to test out a colour scheme. What do you think? To busy? Should I simplify it?

[Edited to show a better pic- I discovered the "enhance" button on my photo viewer.]

Orjetax

Looks good. I love the transition on the arms.

I would also suggest trying something on the shoulder pads other than green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some close ups of a slug marine and chaos librarian:

Attachments

• librarian.jpg
    librarian.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 1,433
  • WIP2.jpg
    WIP2.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 1,433
  • slugmarine side.jpg
    slugmarine side.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 1,433

symphonicpoet

^That is a perfect kind of nuts! I love the "slug marine." That's . . . awesome! And the chaos librarian is pretty neat too. Can't wait to see 'em in paint.

Back