Marauder MB1 Dwarf Regiment

Dreamfish

Administrator
I started this project somewhere in June 2011. It got delayed, because of the "Modular Gaming Table" project. I really want to finish this project, and will get back to it, as soon as I'm done with the table. This is what I've done so far.

mb1%20regiment%20trooper%20a.jpg

mb1%20regiment%20troopers%20b.jpg

mb1%20dwarf%20regiment.jpg

Luckily, I saved the best part for last. The command unit. I've got some ambitious freehand planned for the banner. It will be my first attempt to create a banner from scratch. I've decided to paint the standard bearer and the banner separately. This allows me to paint the miniatures first and do the banner as a standalone project. Just in case it should fail.

I'll keep a record of the painting progress.

Nic

Stunning. I like the muted colors and the yellow offers a nice contrast. May very well be my favorite dwarf models too. 8-)

treps

Nice miniatures, great paint job ! I don't see what else I could say.

I should paint mine...

Bruno

Blue in VT

These are the figures that made me fall in love with marauder miniatures...and DFs are some of the most well painted I've ever seen. Mine are still covered in a 1990 PJ...but as I have so much naked lead already I won't be stripping them until I have to....when I do I'll be looking to these for Inspiration.

Well done DF

Blue

Dreamfish

Administrator
Thank you guys!

This is actually the first oop unit I recently painted. The previous project was a 6th edition Dark Elf - spreamen unit. This project took me 4 years to finish. I'm what you might call, a slow painter. I'm hoping to pick up the pace. Cannot wait to paint some of those oop miniatures i've collected during the years.

Orlygg

These sculpts are definitive Warhammer dwarfs for me. Gorgeous painting too with beautiful blending. The tones are really lush and vibrant. What paint range did you use?

Dreamfish

Administrator
Thank you Orlygg, this the first unit I've completely painted with Vallejo Game colors. I really like them alot.

Great work here - really like candy look of these 8-)
Do you have pic of them formed into regiment? Such block of dwarves must look damn eyecatching on the battlefield!

Dreamfish

Administrator
Demi, no not yet, they've been featured in the famous remote battles "It's fun to Slay at the Wyamm Seeyay", "The Shadow of Koles Lorr" and "The Bridge over the River Chai", but not as a complete unit. I'm still working on the command group, so technically speaking, it's not a unit yet... I'll make sure to post some pics when it is finished.

Dreamfish

Administrator
Look! I've painted something. Finally I have some time to paint again. I hope to finish this regiment soon.

MB1-WIP1.jpg

I remember I saw these on the 1st WFB tournament I've been to - yet in high school :mrgreen:
At that time I haven't been gamer (yet) but after the tourney - everything changed.

Nowdays I cannot recall any of new releases which made such an impack on me. I wonder is it tha matter of me being older and grumpier or (as I suspect) most minis released now is just pile of crap... :|

Dreamfish

Administrator
most minis released now is just pile of crap...
I agree, but often wonder what those differences are other than just nostalgia. The miniatures of today are detailed and beautifully made, but just lack that something. Some other members on the forum pointed out some of those differences and tried to define the essence of "character". All I can say is that I find those discussions very intriguing...

Dreamfish":31gvn697 said:
most minis released now is just pile of crap...
I agree, but often wonder what those differences are other than just nostalgia. The miniatures of today are detailed and beautifully made, but just lack that something. Some other members on the forum pointed out some of those differences and tried to define the essence of "character". All I can say is that I find those discussions very intriguing...

That's the word :)

Back