Harry gets ready for BOYL

Harry

I was not very happy with where the BeerBowl/snorkleball stadium was heading.
I was building it originally JUST to be for Snorkleball BUT it was not very exciting and the stadium could not be used for anything else:

Soooo ... I decided to do something more exciting, chopped up the stuff I had started and turned them into modular parts:

So you can now just have the pitch: (Takes up a lot less space on the table for a normal game round your mates house):

ToAqMfw.jpg

.... and much easier to transport: :grin:

NqMJJiT.jpg

OR you can scatter the bits of stand around it for that important game:

EI1XM5v.jpg

Harry

Then I decided to take it to the next level ... quite literally: :grin:

So I mashed it together with Mighty Fortress parts:

... and so it was the "Heldenhofen Castle" arena was born:

RfhK8us.jpg

HQi0Jlf.jpg

2ln4vxl.jpg

Rubbish pictures get the idea.

No it can also be used for other events:

gbv6xCz.jpg

You can even still fit the snorkleball pitch in there if you like:

Rjx8AO5.jpg

Just need to sort out the hydraullics for raising the pitch up to make it easier to play with. :grin:

Harry

Found some great clear resin webs from a fella on LAF ... perfect for my spiders room:
Not done yet but you get the idea:

a4N5Qag.jpg

Harry

And these great 'dangerous plants' I picked up from Ramshackle Curtis pretty much take care of the scary vegitation for the garden room:

Jqq6Th0.jpg

Harry

Bit more progress on the Dwarven quarter:

So I figure Dwarves like to build on strong foundations ... so back to my beloved blue foam and I knocked up some flagstone bases .... sort of pavement type things to base the buildings:

The Dwarven smiths forge:

iNy54uc.jpg

BOOyhVr.jpg

The Drinking Hall:

3dFiOrr.jpg

nlp5Z1g.jpg

The Beer store:

Pp8BETu.jpg

and the Brew House:

jLjHDDz.jpg

Harry

Next I got myself another one of those Gormiti toys ... you may remember this Dwarven Temple I conjured with a paint job:

fWfNYWA.jpg

Became this:

ZNuOs6V.jpg

Became this:

rdEnQyh.jpg

Well here is the new one:

Tig2RpU.jpg

Harry

...and here is what it looks like all together .... hopefully folks can see the Dwarven quarter taking shape:

XF3gbqn.jpg

hvr4N6g.jpg

Tg1Vi5R.jpg

Any thoughts or ideas greatly appreciated.

Golgfag1

All looking good for BOYL Harry, :grin: :grin: :grin:

At the moment cant see me doing more than the felt & ink track for the chariot racing - as I had my appendix removed over the weekend, and am now home, doing no more than taking it very easy for at least the next few weeks, as my stomach feeling as though a rugby football team has run over it and it appears to be the colour of all nations! :o :shock: :( :cry:

Keep up the good work

Paul / Golgfag1

Snickit

Golgfag1":3niy64aq said:

At the moment cant see me doing more than the felt & ink track for the chariot racing - as I had my appendix removed over the weekend, and am now home, doing no more than taking it very easy for at least the next few weeks, as my stomach feeling as though a rugby football team has run over it and it appears to be the colour of all nations! :o :shock: :( :cry:

Keep up the good work

Paul / Golgfag1

Get well soon buddy!

Harry

Golgfag1":2anwxuwi said:

Keep up the good work

Paul / Golgfag1
Mate ... sorry to hear that.
BUT ... Just think of all the painting you can get done.
Hope it gets more comfortable soon.

... and the felt track is fine.

Golgfag1

Thanks for the kind words Harry,

Current condition doesn't feel conducive to doing anything as the most comfortable position is flat on my back & being very still, will see what happens in time 8-) 8-) 8-)

Paul / Golgfag1

Harry

So over a month since I posted anything in this thread .... and less than a month to go to BOYL
...so I best get cracking. :grin:

So GROG .... (Gloucestershire Retro and Oldhammer Gamers) got together lats weekend and spent a day building stuff for the city of Heldenhofen. At the end of the day we put everything on the table to see how the city was shaping up. Lots of work in progress but here are the pictures.

0DlLeOw.jpg

jfWWrar.jpg

qvAH2KH.jpg

DABHuFE.jpg

6DSwlsS.jpg

5LzLtyR.jpg

dRvT3dX.jpg

J2FaBIX.jpg

Harry

Here are some WIP pictures of what I have been up to:

I made a start on my walls ...

They all got textured all over .... with the ball of kitchen foil trick ... works a treat!
... and then the grind of flagstones drawn with biro onto to otherwise plain tops to the walls:

Jxf6Qu4.jpg

Now I was running out of steam with these after about 6 but my good pal Dan stepped in and did the other 15!

Yes ... 20 wall sections ... I have been collecting Mighty fortress's for a while ... and every time I have seen one going for £10-15 I have snagged it. Including a a couple of part ones.

They are in various states of painting ... but they all got the same treatment:

vG1ZmQf.jpg

Harry

Next up I glued most of the towers together and had at them with some filler:

kAJ4Fki.jpg

Now flagstoning the tops of the towers was not going to work having filler in the diagonal lines ...
So I got myslef some polystrene from the bottoms of pizza's and had at them with a craft knife and a biro ...

iMx86qB.jpg

Pretty soon I had a done them for all the towers:

cXFgzRN.jpg

Harry

Built me a big Hall/bastion/Jail/barracks type thing .... needed to flagstone up myslef a top for this:

Z86BeRn.jpg

... and a tall thin tower for the center of town.

hUV1MNy.jpg

Harry

My workbench is a mess with projects for BOYL:

GKMpNDW.jpg

Snorkling Hopper race game:

E8EQOMN.jpg

Some tops for the Market stalls:

UxNx6jF.jpg

Buildings for the Dwarf Quarter of the city:

6t0PVcW.jpg

Some bits for the Dwarf slayer arena:

8Y6OYj5.jpg