Dwarfs revisited

KingKobra

Since the later 80s I'va had a bunch of dwarfs lying about. They used to form part of my Norse horde, sometimes as Norse Dwarfs, sometimes as something else, which went all the way, because there were a lot of Imperial Dwarfs in their ranks. Not that I did mind. They came with all the zany things of 80s Warhammer, most of all the Gob-lobber. My love for the small fellas turned on and off several times, a lot of it reasoned in playing on a 7' x 7' table and constantly being outflanked and butchered, or shot at by machineries of destruction for a lot of turns. A LOT. Yet, the old miniatures always had their charme, and when selling off parts of my dwarfs, I kept the old stuff. Only recently I dug up some unfinished Norse Dwarfs to form the core of Arka Zarguls miners in my McDeath project.

They were accompanied by a guy that used to be the spotter in the Gob-lobber set.

Now, I had painted the Gob-lobber itself, and given it a new base some years ago,

but I've never painted the crew. They were as new as when they came out of the box some 30 years ago, until a few days ago, when I based them.

Now on for some painting. And then it shall be "Bugman's revisited", as I painted the troopers someday back in 91, but fell short of the command group.

They're up to a bath in Dettol or something similar, and then shall get painted to my actual standard. This in turn will lead to me wanting to repaint all my Bugman's troopers, which will then lead to painting (and buying) more dwarfs. And to gaming on smaller tables, probably.

Tuskerton

As someone who is also revisiting their collection of Oldhammer stunted I look forward to seeing how you get on! Good luck! :)

I love how you painted the Norse Dwarfs and the Gob-lobber spotter - very old skool! I don't have many Dwarf miniatures myself, but in my opinion the crew for the Gob-lobber are some of the best Dwarf sculpts ever.

Tuskerton

The dwarf with the hammer from the Goblobber crew was one of the first dwarf models i ever painted, purchased as part of a job lot from a friend who got me into Warhanmer. Looking forward to redoing him at some point.

KingKobra

Well, good things come to those who wait (and don't hold their breath in the process). Yesterday I went about and finished the last miniature in the set, the guy sitting on a netted goblin. Now I have 30 years to do the cook.

20180904_093436_zps2q18zspk.jpg
[/URL]

Back