Angel Gang and other Citadel JD miniatures

Show us what you are working on at the moment

Moderator: Moderators

Donator
Donator

Post Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:54 am

Re: Angel Gang and other Citadel JD miniatures

I like to think we've learned a little since then. I'd be lying if I said I didn't do my share of stupid in the 80s. (Mostly aircraft nose art.) It's just that the photographic evidence is a bit hit and miss and not up to modern standards. I suspect I still have a great deal more to learn. Process of growing; be ye individual or society.

Post Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:17 am

Finally got round to doing a few more bits and bobs last night. Took a rushed photo on the way out of the flat this morning - and have uploaded from the train wifi on the way in to work.... so apologies in advance. Will aim for better pictures later in the week.

What you should be able to see (assuming this works) are my ‘Almost finished’ Wolf Sternhammer and Johnny Alpha from the Citadel range back in the day. These have been a joy to paint. A few more highlights to do, finish the basing and jobs a 'good 'un'.

On the left is my orc musician for the old hammer legacy project. He’s coming along nicely but I fear for me at least he isn’t oldhammer enough. I may yet add a further miniature for the legacy project...

Lurking in the background is a Citadel Link Angel, but whoever stripped his paint managed to remove quite a bit of his facial detail. I fear he will never be beautiful...

Also there is a Citadel JD mutie, a Citadel Paranoia troubleshooter then two non-Citadel bods which I hope to use in the JD RPG games that I’m planning to run (at some point in time...)

http://i.imgur.com/oKq155u.jpg

Donator
Donator

Post Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:58 am

Well done! Love the robot in the red vest. (I'm a sucker for a good suit.)

Post Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:29 am

Cheers - the robot is from the news crew and minders pack at copplestone castings. Suitably 2000ad, and I think there are a few people on the forum who have already had a shot at him. Unsure what a butler droid is doing with a news crew but there you go

Link here:
https://www.copplestonecastings.co.uk/prod.php?prod=1

Will try to post proper images later in the week (more paint splurging last night ) and also offer up some more spares in the trading section

Donator
Donator

Post Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:07 pm

I knew he looked familiar. In any case, you have painted him well and put him to good use amid a wide selection of lovely. :)

Post Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:25 am

Other work that I squeezed in last night.

Finished the JD strontium dogs

Major Magnum from the jd rogue trooper line (should I give him white eyes? Quite like the dark sockets), a paranoia trouble shooter (Barb-b-ela) and a jd mutie (Jobee). Just realised the b in the troubled shooters name should have resulted in me painting her shirt blue...not the end of the world

Post Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:06 pm

next on the painting (kitchen) table

Donator
Donator

Post Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:54 am

Love the chimps. They're fun. :) Lots of goodness coming down the pike.
Previous

Return to WIP