Crimson Fists Marines, Inquisition & Legion of the Damned

Show us what you are working on at the moment

Moderator: Moderators

Post Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:05 am

Re: Crimson Fists Marines, Inquisition & Legion of the Damne

That will do for these, they will look good on the table far different from anything else in play.

Post Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:21 pm

So, with the LoTD table top ready (I might darken down the edge of the bases a little,) I've just about done everything I actually game with. For now, the RT army (save the usual missed bits, tweaks and a matt varnish on some) is done. Caveat being I've still got some miniatures I don't play with and don't want to sell, but maybe paint.

When I've mopped up all the little bits I've missed or forgot, I will do a nice themed army pic for the appropriate thread.

Couple of things I've found with using the RT army to play 8th edition 40k, is that the miniatures really and I mean really are a lot smaller than their counter parts. It shows a lot against anything 4th edition age onward. Second is, the rose tinted glasses had me totally forget how cumbersome to play with the metal ones are. They fall over all the time, the Terminators are chipped up already due to this despite being on bigger bases (32mm) good undercoat, gloss auto varnish and matt model finishing varnish. The models are top heavy and don't stand well on anything more than a flat surface. Assault marines with the jump packs and always having to be glued back on (bring on the super glue frosting.) So I will drill and pin them in the future. One thing that does make me chuckle, when at the shop or club people are amazed when someone sticks an after market shoulder pad on a marine and its though of as some amazing conversion of a model. I think they need to come and look over this forum and some of your works! :)

Post Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:46 pm

Simply marvellous. A clear vision, a great collection and beautifully painted!

Post Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:45 pm

Any word that comes to mind is just an understatement. :shock:
Previous

Return to WIP