Galpino's Citadel Paladin

Galpino

I recently received this miniature amongst two others in a package fro my brother. The tab says 'Paladin', but a moment's research shows he was listed as 'Le Marquis de Sword', released in 1986, and sculpted by Bob Naismith, Aly Morrison, or Jes Goodwin. On first glance he's really goofy and awkwardly posed, with a really oversized sword. SO typical citadel!

I think I'll try to make it look like my brother and give it back to him as a birthday present.

Attachments

• DSC06232.1.jpg
    DSC06232.1.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 2,259

Galpino

Commencing painting! I decided on green and yellow armour and reddish hair. Initial daubings below.

Inevitable colour scheme crisis! Unsure of my colour placings, I swabbed on a few different combinations as shown.

The last incarnation is an attempt at shading the yellow. There are about 27 layers of paint on there by now, the detail is obscured, and I'm dreading layering back up to a bright yellow. Going to strip him...

Back to the drawing board.

Attachments

• DSC06365.1.jpg
    DSC06365.1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 2,256
  • DSC06372.1.jpg
    DSC06372.1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 2,256
  • DSC06383.1.jpg
    DSC06383.1.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 2,256

Galpino

I've decided on a simpler colour scheme and a plan of attack and I'm going to stick to it. Here goes.

I started with a white undercoat and pre-shading of yellow mixed with purple. Next green armour on the torso and yellow on the arms and legs. Yellow is shaded with more of the yellow/purple and highlighted up to pure white. Skin and hair are undercoated in red. Skin layered from tan trhough llight flesh to pure white. Light flesh wash and red glaze for nose and cheeks. purple for beard. The gloves have a few colour try-outs. I have liked pink with yellow and green in the past so have opted for it again here. The final one here is a base of purplish red-brown that I intend to layer up to a more pinkish look.

Attachments

• DSC06449.1.jpg
    DSC06449.1.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 2,253

Galpino

Thank you Laurent! It's my first attempt at shiny coloured armour. As evidenced by my many attempts. Perhaps I should practice on cheap plastic models!

Galpino

Here's my basing idea. Orangey yellow. Looks evil, keeps the palette simple. I like. Think I'll make it a little more interesting with a few rocky patches and he'll be done.

Attachments

• base w.i.p..jpg
    base w.i.p..jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 2,013

Galpino

Here he is, the Marquis de Sword. Just in time to give to my brother for his birthday. Hope you like. I'll try to remember to put a few more photos in the showroom section.

Attachments

• DSC06486.1.jpg
    DSC06486.1.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 2,011
  • DSC06496.1.jpg
    DSC06496.1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 2,011
Back